Friday, January 8, 2010

Accra - Ghana

Tired of snow I started to sort the hundreds of photos on my external hard drive for putting on Flickr, they are the ones taken by my son Mark and his friend Ephraim. They are mostly taken in Accra, Ghana, and show a different way of life but what suddenly struck me was the colours - garish maybe - though I expect in the hot African sun, they become muted. The angular buildings, the general rubbish in the street tells the tale, a sad reminder of how far the country as a whole needs to move on.... Politically there are many tales to tell!





Two yellows, the car's other half is white

Elegant colours amid the rubble of a fallen wall










Ephraim

Mark consuming something, the African heat was'nt very good for his diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love having comments!