Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday 18th November






Well the world looks brighter today, one tyrant (Mugabwe) is on his way out, and another tyrant has rescinded his appalling act of legitimately bringing in trophies of killed animals from Africa, so to those terrible pictures of trophy hunting that every now and then appears on F/B I hope Trump's son feels guilt.  There is one terrible photo of a female hunter nursing on her lap the dead body of a giraffe, it haunts me still.
To gentler things, as we had to give a lift to the Malton station to a friend going up to London, we drove on to Castle Howard garden centre - I just love Christmassy displays - and the avenue up to the obelisk was  lined with lit up large xmas trees.  I bought some glittery candle holders and two bowls of hyacinths for their fragrance.  Lucy helped herselve to a strange toy, which we paid for and got her usual dog treats at the counter.

So what did June photos show, well apart from the accident, irises, roses and bees....







Visiting Stonehenge




















4 comments:

  1. Pretty Christmas trees Thelma but nothing beats that wonderful iris photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I went to order some more stuff a month ago, and they sent my cheque back, they had already sold all their bulbs..

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying your summery photos Thelma. Just what we need as we head into winter. I enjoyed the Christmas trees photo too. I must get on with the C/shopping as I am very behind with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does brighten up this rather cold damp Autumn Jennie. Castle Howard is one of those large estates that swallow up land for miles around. It has long grand entrances, castellation and water works that have been engineered.

      Delete

Love having comments!