Thinking of food. Yesterday was Scandinavian. Yes two of the clan went out hunting in Greater Manchester yesterday at Ikea. Basically it was just a walk around the store, funny how men do not like Ikea, a feast for the eyes in stuff you would never think of owning. Luckily as we do not have a car, nothing large came home with them except storage bags and meatballs with the necessary meatball gravy.
All the news is about Andy Burnham, I think it is asking rather a lot of him to turn Britain into another Manchester success. Do you notice how I do not say Great Britain, I dropped the great when the unfortunate Brexit was delivered to us on a plate and ever since it has been a downward spiral.
Actually we should set Burnham on the train service, its ups and down and replacement buses are exhausting for many people. But today he is to address the thorny issue of social care, it will be an interesting speech and also talk of cross party engagement, times they are a-changing.
In September the whole family is setting off for Switzerland for a weekend visit, Andrew who loves planning has jogged us into acquiring passports (me) and insurance. I think there is a car being hired there, but there should be about ten of us going, give or take girlfriends/boyfriends and their ongoing relationships!
Of family out there only Marc and Sylvia, so in all it will be rather sad. Sylvia is Karen's aunt, she taught in Hong Kong for many years and is an expert on Piaget. Then there is Marc, successful businessman but slowly retiring from work. I think this is because of a terrible car accident he had, I think it was with a tank but I shall find out more on it.
We have been promised huge reforms to the Care Sector for decades. It would be good to see it allied to the NHS, though that behemoth needs overhauling and modernising.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about poor Little Britain. Brexit made life more difficult for many and things do not seem to be improving.
'Ten go off to Switzerland' could be a wonderful book, Thelma. What a treat to look forward to.
How nice to have a trip to look forward to. I'm sure your gang will have a fun time together. It's nice when someone else does all of the planning and you just have to do what you are told: "get in the car" "get on the bus" "here's the restaurant"... ;)
ReplyDelete