Thursday, March 14, 2024

Nostalgic searching on daffodils

 Old scruffbum, or Lucy as she  liked to be known.  Still miss her.



Photo; Lucy 'helping', LS was looking for Japanese papers for some visitors tomorrow, she enjoyed the experience turning out the dark under stairs cupboard. She can be so funny, that even when she is scolded she produces a lopsided grin.  Tea towels and dishcloth can often be presented after tea, followed by my knitting, Lucy actually knows what you want.  In the garden it is hand tools she will bring from the garage.

Daffodils at Normanby Church


When I was looking for old blogs on daffodils there was quite a few.  I remember going to a place called Farndale, which had daffodils planted all along the path.  Now whether they were wild or domesticated I cannot say because the flowers were still in bud but it was a good walk.

Peace on Monday March 10th

MVI 4817 (youtube.com)










6 comments:

  1. Ah Farndale - Famous throughout North Yorkshire for its wild daffodils - always meaning to go but sadly never got there - and obviously shalln't now. My tete a tetes are out others showing reluctant buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire is so different in all its parts. North has a gentler landscape of moors compared to either here in West Yorkshire or your dales Pat. I definitely like North Yorks best.

      Delete
  2. We all miss our pets. Your home entrance looks very stylish, although I am not sure about the curtain material hanging down the front door. The dairy farm of my childhood has a mass planting of daffodils at the front of the land, but they depleted over they years. I don't know how they behave in nature but it seems you have to do things to the bulbs if you want a good home display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lace curtain, if I remember the story right, Paul and I were at loggerheads over its length;) The chair which is presumably English 'chinoiserie' was mine and Paul would get cross that visitors always remarked on it but never on all his Japanese stuff.

      Delete
  3. It's rainy here today but my daffodils are blooming like crazy out my kitchen windows. They are early this year but lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart dog your Lucy/Scufflebum was!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!