Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to normal





 Theodore Wores (1859-1939) “The Garden of Buddha”



Back to the humdrum aspect of life, Xmas decorations down, stormy weather has abated from last night and the children are traipsing back to school. Exciting times we live in with this climate, and I may add climate change, what will it bring?  Hopefully the summer full of flowers, my pots of spring flowers show inches of green strappy leaves but will they be buried in snow soon?  I have also managed to do something to my neck, which is painful but I think it is on the mend.  Some things come to mind, new resolutions I don't do, but there is all this talk of fasting as the new way to live longer, 2 days, three days, 5 days (which is really pushing it) perhaps not, food is far too delicious to cut out of one's life completely, far more vegetarian meals are on the menu.
Two old prints, I like the frames, need work and new prints, decided on botanic flowers but now need to find the size for them, and a touch or two of gold paint.




I quite like the prints, LS does not but then he is not a fan of Victoriana, first job of January then.




Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss. Wikipedia

Above is my little Indian elephant at the cottage, an elephant in the room is an expression that always makes me laugh, and in my more anthromorphic moments will address him on matters of the day.  LS has got used to me giving the birds in the garden voices, or sadly even insects as I walk along I will see their small lives from a human perspective.  Next to the elephant is a piece of ameythst which always reminds me of the bag of stuff containing a large piece of the stone which I threw away by mistake, carting the bag of rubbish home instead!



6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post today Thelma - it made me smile too. It reminded me of a friend who tells me she has a mouse in her kitchen but she is pretty sure it is a wood mouse and hasn't the heart to kill it - I will suggest she talks to it and asks it to go away because I fear one mouse today will be a dozen by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;).Yes the difficulty of killing creatures, especially pretty little mice, who you know will breed at at a prolific rate, I can be hardhearted in those circumstances....

      Delete
  2. You did make me smile Thelma, with your observations and the anthropomorphism of small things - reminds me of my mum, who had a "pet" fly she called Freddy!!

    Nice frames, and I hope you soon find the pictures you would prefer them to frame. As for dieting and fasting, I am just cutting right back on sugar, and pushing the eat myself better side of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also reminded me that most of my life I have talked to animals, mostly because it has always seemed simpler to control horses, cattle and dogs that come racing up to you with the sound of your voice. Good luck with your 'eat yourself better diet'....

      Delete
  3. that painting is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing. Happy new Year Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kath, glad you enjoyed it, and Happy New Year to you to x.

      Delete

Love having comments!