Thursday, October 26, 2017

26th October

Lucy had a letter the other day it was from the vet reminding her that she needed her annual vaccination.  Whilst I am not sure she needs annual vaccinations, she definitely needs to go for some psychiatrist work.  She gets hysterical about some things, we haven't worked it all out, but seems to be about pain, though very low level, it could be something she has eaten, or her paw is hurting after  walking, or it could be something from the past.  She is lazy, walks are not her favourite pastime but travelling in the car will win hands down.  Part of the problem about walking is that she gets blisters on her feet, she had an operation on one paw but it looks as if the other one is giving her problems - think shoes are called for...
That leads me to my shoes, ever since the accident, my ankle has been swollen with an infection, they checked it at the hospital but could find no fleshing eating virus! okay I may or may not be joking.  But it means that I have to wear sandals to go out, and have you ever wandered through soaking wet grass with sandals on?  I have bought myself larger shoes in the shape of a pair of flashing coral shade canvas shoes, which always give me a shock when I put them on, and now have ordered a pair of wellingtons to go walking down to the green.  Progress.  Paul says that I must be more careful and not put a strain on others,
Aril mentioned the other day that Duloe stone circle was a favourite of hers, so I shall put some photos on, could just about manage to walk through the fields to it, as it is small, it is almost like a quartz crown of white stones, a burial place for an important person.  One of the stones looks like a witchy person so perhaps it is appropiate for the coming event of halloween, not the American version but that other scarier version of the dead rising from the graves, it doesn't happen in the next door graveyard sadly though ;)



4 comments:

  1. Sorry that it is taking so long to heal and hoping that your pet is also finding some meds to ease that panicky pain. Do some Yoga to keep you body in symmetry while healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lucy has some calming pills and my ankle will eventually heal, never tried yoga funnily enough but you are right about symmetry.

      Delete
  2. Walking with pain can be excruciating. Just a blister can keep me on my he couch. I hope you find shoes that can help you along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocker spaniels like Lucy are apparently given to these blisters appearing on their pads according to the vet and shall has had an operation on one foot but I think it is only temporary.

      Delete

Love having comments!