Friday, February 10, 2023

10th February 2023

 I have been knitting whilst listening to Ellie Griffiths - The Last Remains.  My soup has been simmering on the Aga, and my daughter doing a zoom business meeting and it is now 10.30.  Lillie is at college, Andrew apparently just getting on the train from a company meeting, all this can be tracked on a phone.

Hopefully Ellie Griffiths will grow tired of her characters, as I am slightly, and find another set, though to be honest I believe she already has.  Authors under my belt last month, Anne Cleese and Peter May.

Tomorrow, family get together, Ellie and Tom to celebrate his birthday but no Ben and Matilda just Andrew, who has become family as well.

I have had this cough/cold thingy but seem to be getting better and will go over to the chemist later on to get my blood pressure pills, the only ones I take.  All week I have used my bp machine to check, as the doctor has asked could I go in for medicine check up.  I refused statins last time, I really don't wont to start taking loads of pills and my cholesterol is only a little high.  End of medical report - chuckle.

Why I go down that particular path is because I was watching a YT video of long-life in Japan - The Oldest People in the world - I will put the video down below if anyone is interested.  What is interesting is the fact that they are healthy in their old age and don't think about death, they visualise a future for themselves.  It looks a good life but then one could argue the programme makers have only chosen the best subjects.


Still on the Island of Okinawa, many people live to a hundred, in a fairly healthy state. They encompass a thinking of "Ikigai" a unique sense of purpose.  Not sure I would like to live to such an old age, in this country we always talk about the care system for the old, but what if we changed the thinking and thought about living through old age healthily?

6 comments:

  1. There is a downside to living a long time Thelma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I appreciate that Pat, it is scary and hopefully we go towards the end time with our health fairly intact and the knowledge that it should be fairly peaceful. As one who panics, we'll see ;)

      Delete
  2. I think that aging (and how we do it) is an individual choice. I rarely think about it. I joke about it a lot but I rarely give it more than a passing thought. That is about to change. This latest thing with my husband has made it very clear to me that we're about to embark on a different path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes life throws up something to send you off kilter Debby as you have just experienced, then you find yourself having to adjust to what might happen.

      Delete
  3. I read recently a UK woman’s life expectation is 82 point something years. That gives me just less than 8 more years and makes me think I need to spend them wisely. In reality I live the same comfortable life and feel grateful to be fit and healthy, if getting a little bit more forgetful, but I’m glad I did finally buy the leather biker jacket this year.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well watching the video and the message seems to say that we should be more positive about getting old. But congratulations on buying a biker jacket, do you have the bike to go with it?

      Delete

Love having comments!