Saturday, September 26, 2026

26th September 2026 - End Times

 

Not that I am bragging, I do occasionally get a two with Wordle but this morning surprised me and I reckon it must have been precognition. 
But to more serious things.  This arrived in my mail this morning, Naomi Klein and co-writer have launched a book about 'End Times' and what idiots like Bezos, Musk and all those techies are aiming for as they try to remodel this beautiful planet we live on and then flee to the outer ranges of space to create another world.  Somehow I think they are completely ridiculous.  But it is scary for us people who actually want something much simpler.  And I ask the question can money really bring this all about?

"In short, we are up against an ideology that has given up not only on the premise and promise of liberal democracy but on the livability of our shared world – on its beauty, on its people, on our children, on other species. There is something treasonous in this. Treasonous not to an abstraction like a flag or a nation, for we are not nationalists. But treasonous to the unspoken pact made with the web of life that sustains us."

I love that word treasonous, it has such a historical tone, I notice it has been used more and more in just normal discourse.  How do we approach the billionaires, the baron lords.  How do we bring them down?  Well hopefully you will notice there is more of us than them.  All round the world people are demonstrating and protesting against those who would lay claim to power. 

The protestors outside the Kennedy Center, the marches all over the world, well attended marches against the ruthless and cruel Netanyahu's government.  Someone said in a reel I saw, seventy-seven million people voted for Trump - THINK ON THAT.  And yes that thought is scary.  But I am sure the flipperty nature of how people voted will be put aside when people begin to realise that they are being governed not for their good livelihoods but to enhance the large fortunes of a corrupt family, they will vote the Trumps and their sycophants out of office.
So as the wicked immigrants who flew over this morning to the canal - yes Canadian geese;)  So as to those small things that please us, like the owl last night hooting, or the people of Africa protecting the elephants.  Or, even my MP Joseph Fenton Glynn, as he stood up in Parliament and addressed Milliband on the miraculous turn of recognising the terrible crime that is Gaza, there is hope.  We just need to fight for a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, comments are appreciated.