Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Taking a break

 Taking a break.  It will be for a few days.  Nothing much to write about and off to Switzerland for the weekend for family gathering.  Slightly nervous about meeting my former SIL* but apart from that there will be the lake and the mountains to see.

Just need my phone to be set at roaming and worry if my debit/credit cards will open ;)

Noticed this piece of news this morning, Conscious Eating in Bhutan, a place I would have liked to have visited one day just for its spiritual message.  The country of course, like the rest of us, has been traumatised by the terrible tragedy happening in nearby Nepal.  Nature can be very vicious and one can only feel humble at the way people rush, often into dangerous conditions, to save the lives of other people.

* I am nervous over most things, even posting my blogs for goodness sake.



10 comments:

  1. Oh how envious I am of you flitting off to Switzerland for the weekend. I wish I had less money now and travelled more when I could and I had my partner. Don't take your wee trip to buy chocolates and cigars for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't smoke cigars Andrew;) Probably choke to death. What we do bring back, apart from chocolate, is fondue and raclette cheeses.

      Delete
  2. I'm a worrier, Thelma, and my sister is a worrier, too. I think we've inherited the trait from my Mom who also was a worrier. We all know that worrying doesn't do any good but we often do it anyway. ;)
    Hope you have a lovely visit to Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been panicking about my rail card which I thought I had lost. But.... I don't have one anymore because the rail card discount is on my phone. Memory is bad as well Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to Switzerland too tomorrow for 2 weeks. We won't be far from you. Will visit Vevey and Gruyère and also bring back cheese and chocolate. Christine in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a coincidence Christine. The best of Swiss goods, chocolate and cheese. Not embroidered blouses or Swiss penknives. Enjoy your holiday.

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful holiday away. Stop worrying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sue, I'll try to stop worrying. It is probably inbuilt though.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, comments are appreciated.