Let me start by saying I do not like Chris Packham, his messages of doom haunt me daily. Sometimes I think, heaven forbid, that he takes on his gloom and doom message for a paying job in his life. But the evidence of what he says is all around us and has been there for years.
So when a National Emergency Briefing email headed by him came through calling for instructions, and information, as to what was going to happen should such an emergency develop that I signed a government petition. It has probably resulted in the government message we received yesterday about stocking food and water (they were listening!!).
We discussed it at the meal yesterday evening, in actual fact it it normal for the Swiss to have a fortnight reserve of food in their cupboards and I am sure we could fulfil that today with what is in our cupboard. Drinking water of course is probably the most important and tins of beans (We have a whole shelf full sadly).
What with the Russians boats lurking around our shores, probably there just to cause unease. The idiot in the USA, and the Climate breaking down we should be worried. Before anyone jumps up to say it that Climate breakdown is all in the imagination, don't bother, I have heard it before. The signs and warnings are there in purely scientific terms.
Just to cheer things up, we had a small emergency this morning. Lillie went off to work early, leaving a cheap charger working on her bed. The mattress caught fire, or at least smouldered down about 8 inches under the charger. Of course the smell of burning alerted my daughter. But the moral there is, don't just buy stuff because it is cheap and sold as marvellous and don't leave chargers in flammable places. But as my daughter said all mattresses are fire retardant now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome, comments are appreciated.