The rain has been a-raining all night. It has been pottering down the rain pipes, gurgling away to itself. Fulfilling its role to fill the streams, rivers, lakes and reservoirs. Talk of cooler weather abounds the land. Rejoice in a temporary peace and quiet before El Nino slips in and starts playing a fool's game with the climate.
Locally it is my daughter's birthday today but she is happy enough, although she could not open her cards because she was not wearing glasses - but it comes to us all. Andrew went off to London last night for a meeting, after a session of??? pummelling, beating or general wellbeing? who knows. Only that well being is the haven for those who are middle aged and then become old. I reckon you just wear your body out quicker!
I am listening to Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine, and I am not happy with it. It is called timeline genre, running two stories together, one from the past and the present day. Several authors have taken up this way of story writing. It is slightly confusing and I see there is criticism about it as well. I reckon Erkskine was enamoured with creating male lovers for her dual heroines. There is history thrown in as well of course we are up at Dinas Castle at the moment in Wales, the place where two dragons fought, England and Wales of course.
Now hopefully, having written a few words, blogger will recognise me and release me from the cage of anonymous. From The River Dart, a few words of a poem by Alice Oswald.
find you in the reeds,
a trickle coming out of a bank
a foal of a river
one step-width water
of linked stones
trills in the stones
glides in the trills
eels in the glides
in each eel
a finger width of sea,
The two timelines writing really is a thing - usually OK once you get used to it. I read something with three timelines recently although can't remember what.
ReplyDeleteI'm going with your idea that too much exercise just wears out the body sooner. My 30 minutes a week of gentle movement is enough!
Rain here too but not a lot.
Perhaps you can't remember the three story book because confusingly the stories become less when mixed together Sue. Swimming is also on the list here as well. Not for me, I reckon people could be peeing in the water;) But there is plenty of Tai-chi on the net as well.
ReplyDelete