Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday 24th August

Project Fear;  You know what I am talking about, the second line of what will happen if there is 'no deal' on Brexit.  So are you going to stockpile food, not sensible, wasn't it a criminal offence in the 2nd World War.  Everything seems so insecure at the moment, reams and reams of discussion in the media as to how it will affect all of us.  Contingency plans outlined yesterday, businesses to a degree not sure how to cope.  The naive Brexiteers say let it all happen and see what we can sort out, let us hope what it does bring is a greater reliance on our own foodstocks and businesses will be able to grow.  We are heading for a great adventure? mmmm


Well what did I worry about? Basically insulin for my son who is a type 1 diabetic but on looking on the net I came up with this video above, more or less saying that the manufacturers of insulin, we don't have any  makers in Britain, are making the necessary arrangements for there to be a store of back-up insulin as we negotiate our way through the stormy seas of borders.
I should be showing photos of quiet nature, but the world is in such firmament at the moment, can anyone really, truly understand the antics of the American president and please Theresa don't tell me that our fortunes rests with this man as he tries to out manoeuvre Europe our nearest neighbour even though we shall be leaving the European Union.

8 comments:

  1. At present all seems chaos - but maybe it will sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaos in this family, Lucy has kept me up all night with one of her 'turns' again, she has some 'calm-um' pills but they don't seem to work!

      Delete
  2. We are all going through trying times and I only hope that when we get rid of trump, things will be better. I am trying to be optimistic, not realistic. His message of hate has spread worldwide, and I am so ashamed that he was elected by Americans, with the help of Russia.

    The UK is strong and had been around a long time. I have faith that you will all get through this also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, actually I was only having one of my moans as usual. But the cross roads of Brexit looms ever higher on the horizon. I am sure Trump will eventually go, I suspect he has been quite an exciting news item for world news. A phenomenon that hopefully will never be resurrected again. ;)

      Delete
  3. I am an American who believes that Trump needs to be either impeached or indicted. In light of recent events, it looks like the Special Prosecutor's net is getting closer to him. I surely hope he is out of office sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thank you for that, I am sure, and how grateful we should be to the fact that the law tops politics mostly. I think the real problem is that social media has become too vocal and such people as trump ride through on a crest of a wave. Waves always hit shore and disperse though.

      Delete
  4. I’m also an American and I’m embarrassed that we elected Trump and many continue to support him.

    I’ll be visiting your lovely country in about a week. Perhaps I should say I’m Canadian.

    As for your Brexit I’m sure you’ll make out fine with food. I’d be concerned about medicine so I’m happy to hear that plans have been made for insulin and hopefully other important Rx. I take four Rx for glaucoma so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, I feel a bit mean about lambasting your president because it is not extended to the American people obviously. As for medicine, it is a worry when it is an essential part of being kept alive. Hope you enjoy your holiday in this country, weather has turned a bit cold after all the heat we have had.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!