Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday 4th January

When will we learn, see the Guardian article on how the British mythical company for ferrying goods across the Channel wrote it's terms  taken from a Pizza site!  Did Grayling actually check anything?
Enough, surely the good people of this country will take note and vote for 'no politicians', especially conservatives to run the show.

So what has happened this week of note, nothing much, went to a mulled wine and mincemeat gathering at a friends house, and then last night I went to Jo and David's cottage for tea and a game of the Beetle Drive.

Beetle drives were very popular as Church fund-raising events, especially amongst Non-conformist churches, and the tradition continues to the present. These are often accompanied by a Pie and Pea Supper, particularly in the North East of England

Well, the tea was good and so was the game, it has been years since I played any game and drawing bits of the beetle was a new experience, I won as well.  Which reminded me of going to my first WI meeting and winning the prizes there and getting some funny looks;)
Their cottage is a delight.  The walls are plastered with paintings and David's prowess as a Town Crier for which they go all round the country for events.  Do I think it will work, well first of all getting people to events is sometimes difficult, and the game very old fashioned. But it just might!
The family comes down again tomorrow for the weekend, two grand daughters this time and I shall do a traditional roast with Yorkshire pudding as it always goes down well with the children, one of whom will be an adult this year...


4 comments:

  1. I used to play games but have reached a time where I just hate to win or lose. Mostly games require that; so I find excuses not to play. Maybe I used up all my win/lose energy earlier. I do best with games where it's not a 'killer' game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have never been competitive from childhood. I hated chasing balls and table games can be very long. Not sure what a killer game is though...

      Delete
  2. Haven;t played Beetle for at least sixty years.
    The farmer and I played Rummikub every evening for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably why Jo wants to play it, she remembered it from her childhood ;)

      Delete

Love having comments!