Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday 3rd June

Should call this nature notes! But before I go travelling in the garden a Paul update. He has lost that pallor which so worried me and regaining his appetite and even has stopped sleeping so much, so there are signs of a slow recovery.
Last night we watched on Netflix 'A Hundred Foot Journey,' about an Indian familiy's restaurant and a French restaurant with Helen Mirren and Manish Dayal.  Well I won't give a Rachel film review, but it was HAPPY and everyone finished up with the right people.  And though I am not really into fusion cooking, squiggles on a plate for goodness sake, the gentle touches of spices to French cooking seemed to work.



The weather remains cool, but surprises come out of the blue, did I sow Sweet Rocket last year, well it certainly has appeared alongside the verbascum's dark blooms.  The squirrels, there are two, are performing acrobats for food, though I notice there are a lot of fir cones on the tree in the spinney which should provide enough winter food.




The crows and jackdaws feasting on the seeds and pushing out the smaller sparrows and doves.  My two bantams are both broody and have to be put out on the grass for the day, but more often than not they go off and have a dust bath in the potato bed.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Two, which at the moment keep growing furiously, and need cutting all the time.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to hear of Paul's improvement - and all the Summer to c ome when he can regain his strength too.
    I have just watched the repeat of Nigel Slater and cooking in the Middle East - Lebanon tonight - loved it, especially the wonderful use of herbs and spices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he will enjoy the warm weather, when it comes! I like Nigel Slater, he is a very comforting cook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that movie also. It was about decent people and had a happy ending. There were no blow ups, shootings, zombies or monster aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that your master's health is improving. It won't be long before he's chasing you round the churchyard again yelling, "I like a frisky filly!"

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!