Friday, August 30, 2019

Dogs and Handyman

Someone said your life is like a roller coaster at the moment and that is the truth of it. Optimism and pessimism flow past.  There are jobs to be done, firstly getting someone to make up the bed that arrived a couple of days ago, I need a handyman but where do you find them? ;).

The dose of pneumonia that was so serious for Paul, disappeared after a 24 hour treatment and he is back talking to me hesitantly.  Yesterday the physiotherapist helped him walk to the window in the ward, and inwardly I remember the birth of my two children, one with a fortnight stay in hospital, the other with a day  in the ward and wonder at how life has changed.  We discussed care at home, I told her of my plans, she pointed out things I need to do.

Paul, my fastidious love asked for nail clippers, his will to succeed is so strong it leaves me slightly worried but his brother said that his family were fairly unbeatable and I have to believe in that.

I notice on other blogs that people are having trouble with rescue dogs.  I giggled slightly, my rescue dog Lucy at 12 years old can still lead me a merry dance.  Pretty as she is I look into her unfathomable eyes (mostly when she is begging for food) and realise I can never work out how she thinks.  As she has been with us for three years insecurity issues are not part of the problem, or the fact that previous owners locked her in a shed at 6 in the evening.  She stays in the home happy when I go away, my friend will pop in to see how she is now and then.

Her mad walking to and fro, knocking things over deliberately to provoke attention will drive you mad after a couple of hours, but I think I have found a solution and it isn't the Seren-um pills; I just bodily pick her up in a fury and put her in her chair, and she goes off to sleep without a murmur - firm handling?

Weather is windy, the world stage a disaster, as for the latest British kerfuffle, lots of hot air everywhere, historical precedence called for and I still ask, are we actually making something in this country?

7 comments:

  1. Yes! We definitely are making something in this country Thelma! We are making blogs and cappuccinos and reality TV shows and we are making whoopee - as the song goes. God bless HMS Brexit and all who sail in her - glug-glug-glug! Abandon ship everyone! She's going down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are also making wedding beermats. Yours is in the post.

      Delete
    2. I come from a background of factories in the Black Country, grandfather and 'supposed' father both had small factories and the Midlands was a work horse for England. Now everything seems to be balanced on money and selling companies for profit, most of the stuff in England is owned by other parts of the world ;)

      Delete
  2. I am happy to read that Paul’s pneumonia has disappeared. That must be a relief for you.

    The world is in a terrible mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully it has, the NHS system is good and he has a lot of care from doctors and nurses.

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you Thelma - you certainly are on a Roller Coaster at present and Brexit and all that Kerfuffle must be taking a back seat in your worries. Hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnily enough I find it keeps me sane through a worrying time. The latest as I get up this morning is the fallout between the chancellor and prime minister; as a story you can't make it up, with Johnson sitting on the wire with 1 seat between him and a minority government.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!