Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Like him or loathe him?

Taking on the news. Someone on one of the blogs said, now that I am old I shall wear dresses and hats and not give a damn.  Well a well expressed sentiment, we should reveal how we feel. Jonathon Pie is foul mouthed, does he believe in what he says in his 'fake news' videos.  This I know, he gets to the truth in a way I find difficult.  But he shakes the core of that old term 'class' and in a funny, amusing way expresses a truth.
Do I follow his reasoning, now that is a difficult question, should we be guilty? Well as a convent taught Catholic, guilt has followed me through life, should I be guilty for the chaos I see around?  The answer must be no, we have arrived at an unfortunate time in history, our human destructive actions are where we are at now, we have to redress the balance for future generations.
So when some foul-mouthed comedian comes along and upsets my sensibilities, I take note that the younger more vibrant people around maybe thinking the same as he is expressing.

And of course you don't have to watch the video at all - big smile there!





Eight Fellows of the British Academy Respond to Climate activism tactics

4 comments:

  1. It is easy to feel guilt as part of the generation/s that paid a large part in being responsible for the state we are in now. But collective guilt is pretty pointless - and Extinction Rebellion (rather like CND before it)is causing horrendous problems - I think of an ambulance not being able to reach its destination for example - we seem to be hurtling towards self-destruction and I look at my great grandchildren and wonder what sort of a world they will be growing up into. All round I just despair - and opt out I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting that today there was virtually nothing on news channels about the Extinction Rebellion action. Almost a news blackout. I guess the powers that be have called for that instead of supplying the protest with oxygen that might make it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Convent bred Catholic. I was not convent bred, but as close to it, as is possible to be, coming from a wee little village... Over across the Pond.

    But in later life,I gave myself permission to question. And after years of looking and reading, I came up with my views. So, no more guilt for me. -smile-

    Oh I must listen to this guy!!!!! These are all topics I think on. Plus, I am not bothered in the least by some vulgarity. -chuckle- When it's used, for a purpose. Not just to shock. Just to shock is juvenile. but to say something useful... Fine with me.

    Will watch, when I have the time, which... Sadly, I don't at this minute. -sighhh-

    🍁🍂🍎🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!