Monday, August 17, 2020

Everything is topsy -turvy

 

Turning to Alice in Wonderland this morning, because there is really not much to add on the state of the world................  Choose  what you will, it doesn't get better ;)

  • "Off with their heads!" ...
  • "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." 
  • "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." ...
  • "We're all mad here." ...
  • "Curiouser and curiouser!"

There is always consolation in the literary world! A friend said the other day, why don't you go back to spinning, so I have ordered some 'tops' so I can spin and watch the world crumble before my eyes.


6 comments:

  1. Now you have made me want to re-read it. Also Alice Through the Looking Glass, which was not as good but still a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's madness just seems to reflect the state of the world now, regressing to childhood, what an option!

      Delete
  2. Agree about the state of everything - it has all really got me down this week. Today I have made myself look on the positive side about things and kept busy all day - and at least the A and O level results fiasco seems to be being sorted out according to the six o'clock news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust has been lost though and I am not sure that any government is going to be believed in the future. I think the new bods in the cabinet will have to rethink their philosophies.

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea. Sometimes I think about my wheels. But, I sold them to make room for grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning is very soothing, oiled it yesterday in preparation, remembering when my eldest grandson would spin the wheel with such speed that everything fell apart, he was only 4 years old.

      Delete

Love having comments!