Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday, 4th August 2020

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writMoves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit. Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”  Omar Khayyam

As I stared at the blank page, these words came to mind.  A mind that is empty of anything to write ;).

well I have already sullied its blank space, there must be something out there, has life come to an end splat! Almost fell off the sofa this morning as I was wrestling with a difficult curtain but that is hardly interesting.  Almost went shopping but realised I had enough milk to last until tomorrow.

Now they are worrying on the radio about the second coming, no not Jesus but the second wave of the virus over winter, everyone straining at the leash to go out except those who feel insecure in the company of hordes of people.  It is like a play spread out in the theatre, we really don't know the plot, or the ending!


Here is a happy photo I put on F/B a couple of days ago, with American friends in Pembrokeshire.  Well absentmindedly I had labelled it wrong it was Pentre Ifan and who should come and notice it but Rupert Soskin of Standing with Stones fame, upon which Bucky, above, delightedly yelled (if you can yell on F/B) coincidence I have been trying to get in touch with Rupert for ages.  My good deed of the day! So now I have a multi-email written to all involved and one of Bucky's long travelogues to read.  

It was a bit like the story on the radio this morning, when a long lost inscribed wedding ring was found in a garden, and because it was put on social media the person who it belonged to was found.

So I have filled the blank page and it will no longer nag.


12 comments:

  1. Yes I have these feelings some mornings but when I touch the keyboard something writes - might be rubbish but I leave feeling slightly more satisfied. Have a good day - and don't stand on the sofa to open the curtains (that is what my son would say to me in no uncertain terms. Somewhere along the line there has been a subtle change - it used to be me telling him what to do and now the roles have been reversed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is the left hand curtain one always sticks, this is down to some sort of contraption that has been added so one curtain is supposedly to go over the other. The curtain maker lives in the village and is a good friend so I can't moan.

      Delete
  2. Well it was worth it just for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look very happy, perhaps it was the Welsh whisky (very expensive) which they polished off one evening at the Cambrian Inn.

      Delete
    2. If Scotch whisky is spelt like that and Irish whiskey is spelt like that, should the Welsh stuff be called whiskie?

      Delete
    3. To rhythm with piskies I suppose, though they inhabit Cornwall. Yes, my spelling is falling apart but
      can use both versions though. Latin translation it is 'the water of life' think of rivers Ure or Wye...

      Delete
  3. Omar Khayyam didn't have a computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why those words dropped into my head, all I do know is that the book was around the house when I was a child Tasker.

      Delete
  4. I heard that ring story this morning too - amazing find after so long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also the ability to trace it from the two names inside Sue.

      Delete
  5. I used to quote Omar when I advised people who worked for me (and people who didn't) to commit nothing to writing they did not want a stranger to read back. This time I would be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now our words spill out everywhere Joanne, times have changed.

      Delete

Love having comments!