Monday, June 20, 2022

20th June 2022

Sometimes, just sometimes, Facebook turns up treasures to record.  One of the people I follow is an Eric Ravilious fan.  I love the quiet simplicity of Ravilious's painting and find out there is a film made about him to be released on the 1st July.  He captures the landscape I loved, the downs of southern England.  A short life taken so quickly by war, yet even there he managed to paint the softer tones.

If you want 'Englishness' then he is the painter for you.  Two videos below, one a trailer for the film, Drawn to War and the other His Letters.








4 comments:

  1. That sounds so good, do hope the film is somewhere to be able to see it (if that makes sense)
    Nice to see Grayson Perry praising him as I wouldn't have thought E.R would have appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the dates in Dartmouth Films - Eric Ravilious. It does come to Norwich on the 5th July Sue.

      Delete
  2. I like his paintings. Thanks for sharing him with me...

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!