Sunday, June 19, 2022

"You climb into bed and turn into dust"

I am listening to Kate Bush and her Aerial (Sea of Honey) album.  She has once more flown by in a whiff of publicity because of her song appearing in a film on Netflix.  She has always dodged fame but it catches up with her sometimes.  I would call her a wordsmith, an individual soul.  She is singing with the blackbird at the moment.  Then of course the sound of the wood pigeons on another song.  She is a favourite of mine, I especially like the last songs.

I could have started this daily reminiscence with 'all systems alert' - that makes me smile. Cost of living going up, food, petrol, rail strikes.  Could we be back to the 1970s, teachers are also threatening to strike.  Strike is such a good tool when wages are not following price rises.  Don't worry there will be an end to it.
My daughter has been offered a room in a hotel in Manchester so that she can get to work but she refused and booked tickets on the National Express.  Mostly people in Tod moan (the human race loves moaning) about the flood of traffic lights that have appeared to stop the flow of traffic as roadworks commence.

This is the second half of the album, part one can be found here


 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Perhaps it will bring about a change, not talking a revolution here. But Brexit is failing us as well and then there is the climate lurking in the background.

      Delete
  2. I have heard her name but didn't know her music. She has such a clear lovely voice in Running up that Hill which I did hear on the series "Stranger Things". I will have to listen to more of her songs. Thanks, Thelma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a very individual approach to music Ellen, needs some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last I have found something to be rather pleased about - I cannot raise any worry about "things" as they are - I am too old. I am living out my days getting pleasure from things like John's lovely photographs today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That of course is how we should all look at stuff nowadays Pat.

      Delete
  5. I think strikes and unions are what we need to secure a real middle class from the bankers, et.al. who currently own the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strikes always go down as bad news Joanne but they are the only way to achieve fairness in salaries and wages. Now why do I use the two terms?

      Delete
  6. I love Kate Bush, she reminds me of my teenage years, I have many of her albums on cassette tape. She does indeed have a rare approach to music, a rare talent.

    I hope that the strikers are listened to and the outcome is positive, I fear that BJ and his cronies will see to it that they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From that first moment of 'Wuthering Height' she was extraordinary and has mostly kept out of the limelight. As for the politics of strikes and wage rises, it will be fought out and some sort of compromise reached which will not be satisfactory for the railway people.

      Delete

Love having comments!