Thursday, June 23, 2022

They are coming to take me away.............A naive perspective

 

A Strike; a refusal to work organized by a body of employees as a form of protest, typically in an attempt to gain a concession or concessions from their employer.

The old arguments go out again.  Bloody Russians under the bed ;)* As if!!  Sorry if my language is going downhill but after watching PMQs this morning, I sent a prayer up to my non-existent god, please, please get rid of the Tories. 

They attack (it is called distraction by the cynical - count me as cynical) but do nothing to meet the railway people.  Why can't people ask for better wages I wonder, why can't we loosen the pockets of CEOs and allow some more money into the general flow of wages and salaries.  Why can't the tories govern for all the people instead of sitting back with smug smiles on their faces and letting this country go to rot.


They sit like Smaug the dragon on the Treasury, fat cats dining on the cream at the top of the milk.  I am not sure what the by-elections will bring in tomorrow with the results but fingers crossed people start to wake up and use their vote to bring in different people.

As a Luddite I am not happy with getting rid of ticket offices and being thrown on ones own devices to master ticket machines, or even worse, by filling my phone with little black squares which says you have paid for your ticket virtually.


*I forgot we allowed all those rich Russians into the country so that we could launder their money! But who gets the fabulous yachts that have been confiscated from the Russians though?



11 comments:

  1. Superb, uplifting post Thelma. Would that more folk felt like we do. I hope I am wrong but I doubt folk will vote differently today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Pat?? I am quite happy to get my crossness out at the beginning of the day ;)

      Delete
  2. I missed PMQs this week and by the sound of it I should be grateful that I was watching horses gallop by on Newmarket Heath when I could have been listening to the feeble answers of the Fat Controller. I'm looking forward to these by-election results, though I fear that all sides will claim some sort of "victory".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will teach me not to switch on absent mindedly videos of PMQ. Definitely better to be wandering around in the sun and finding orchids and the 'lost places' of England.

      Delete
  3. As I commented on Cro's post, they know that to let things slip is to start an erosion in pay as seen in other sectors. Some say they are well paid. If so they want things to stay things that say. Meanwhile, our house has increased in value five times since we bought it, all unearned and untaxed. I'm starting to think that finding some way to access all that unmerited wealth spread throughout the country could be the solution to many of our problems. Just 0.001% of the value would raise phenomenal sums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second homes are coming under scrutiny as well. Capital wallowing around buys up all those cheap homes to rent out, and the renting sector whilst not under much restrictions needs to be checked. Cornish seaside towns are feeling the pinch for their empty houses/towns in winter. Even Whitby people have just signed a petition for action against holiday homes - it has got out of hand. How do you tackle/tax the cost of an owned house with a hefty price tag I wonder...... What I feel is there is too much complacency in this country and we are just driving many more people into poverty Tasker..

      Delete
    2. I thought the Whitby vote interesting, although stable doors and bolted horses come to mind. I read somewhere that 40% of council houses sold under right-to-buy are now owned by private landlords. Also, private landlords are one of the main beneficiaries of student loans, such as in my daughter's house where the combined rent is over £30,000 p.a.

      Delete
    3. "my daughter's house where the combined rent is over £30,000 p.a." Easy money for doing damn all. I suppose 'the Right to Buy' houses have been sold on by the people who bought in the first ruling. BJ just loves that, everyone supposedly owning their own property, in actual fact another way of getting rich.....Whitby has a lot of social housing, so second homers will turn their noses up at most of the property but those cute fishing cottages are hot on the market.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I remember that song! We would all sing along in our own crazy ways!
    I can't comment on your political troubles as I don't know enough about it all. Of course, we have our own political craziness hear in the US! I am hoping the evidence presented at our hearings will make a difference but I fear that the crazies in the Republican party won't be convinced or stopped... It is scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been following the latest on the indictment of Trump, only to note that justice might be winning.
      I don't why that song went through my head, but the thought of being locked away from the madness of today seemed quite appealing ;)

      Delete
  5. Everyone is entitled to a living wage. I say strike on.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!