Wednesday, July 6, 2022

6th July 2022

A few days back there was a quiz in the family, famous singers who had died at the age of 27 years.  I was hardly expected to know anyone - but then I piped up with Nick Drake - who sadly died at the age of 26 years old.  Well respect!!

He died of an overdose, whether deliberate or not, no one knows but was into drugs and they drove him to the edge.  I keep remembering a video of his home but cannot find it, it had that eerie feeling of black and white and the trees that you find in the trailer of  'Pink Moon'.  Sadly he never became famous in his life, post fame is his only glory and yet I find his life and music reflects the times he lived in. The LSD that my cousin took, the aimless life of squats in London.  The journeys in search of gurus - what was it all about? 

Anyway here is a song of his....

.




The three minute trailer of Pink Moon





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Another choice. His gentle voice tones down the news ;)

      Delete
  2. Everyone was looking for the 'meaning of life'. Back then, they were searching outside of themselves, mostly. As we age, we discover that the meaning of life was within us all along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words Debby. Philosophical as always. Though the practical me would say they were just bunking off life finding something to do.

      Delete
  3. I have a memory of Nick Drake being played (or even appearing) on an Old Grey Whistle Test. Loved his music and voice. Such a shame his posthumous popularity didn't happen before his death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was shy Jennie, I don't think I listened to the Old Grey Whistle Test but it has a lovely ring to it.

      Delete
  4. My youngest brother died, back then, at the age of 27. Life was too complicated and he saw no way back, so he just left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad Joanne, many young people over time cannot settle down to a 'normal' life, whatever that may be.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!