Friday, April 7, 2023

7th April 2023

 It started out a long morning.  Locked out of my mail and blog, my phone refused stubbornly to reveal a verification code. Having tried all ways with Google I decided to tackle my phone, served by Vodafone.  You have got to giggle I still needed a verification to get through.  I sorted that eventually and entered into a long text conversation with someone and told them my troubles.  They stuck with me for about half-an-hour (apologies to all those people in the waiting line).  And we eventually sorted something out of the mess, my phone was saying 'no mobile network', by going to my Sim card  and of course, by turning off my phone and resetting it.  It worked, so to my son, who has always said just press the off button for twenty seconds and it will go away - it did!

Yesterday was my second visit to the ophthalmology department and so we three set off, Lillie came to.  My daughter has worked out the app for Uber cars, and they are brilliant in the big towns and cities, arriving in less than 5 minutes on our journeys.

We arrived at the hospital during the lunchbreak and it was quiet, then my doctor came, and I spent a good hour with him.  Tests and then the talk of what is to be done, I am going for laser treatment on my good eye and allowing the bad eye to be.  As he said there is a 50% chance of the treatment working, it could not work in other words. So ghastly thoughts of needles, but the trainee nurse sitting in talked me through it and said they covered the eye during the operation. 

My poor family had to sit for hours whilst all this went on and I am eternally grateful to them.  Fish and chips for tea and I won't see anyone for another 6 weeks.  Thank god, sort of ish.

The crazy Brimham Rocks.  Glacial formations

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you have your family with you at these appointments to support you. You must have spent many hours back in the day when they were children taking them to this appointment and that appointment so it is good they are helping you now! Karma! Best of luck with the eye treatment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny my daughter was saying, know this hospital inside out, with the times she has gone with her children. Todays hospitals are enormous, walk a mile to find the loo. ;)

      Delete
  2. Now that my epilepsy drugs have at last been completely changed I too have to start on the eyes/ Its called getting old I think Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pat, and it is about making decisions about how much you want done as well.

      Delete
  3. I've given up driving and am relying on family now. It will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will feel lost for a while Joanne, not having a car restricts you somewhat. But of course there is always renting a car.

      Delete
  4. The old turn it on then turn it off thing still works, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third time lucky with my computer, takes ages to engage.

      Delete
  5. My eyes are much the same Thelma - I am off to see about them in a xouple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Pat, when you come to think of it, all the senses are in the head. Hearing, seeing, smelling and brain, no wonder the Celts put the heads of their enemies on stakes;)

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!