Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sometimes there is no sense

Thanks to Hiawatha's House blog - Spam, I have just located my spam folder.  About 20 proper comments have been released into freedom.  Like butterflies they fly off and land with a gentle thud on the appropriate words.  Apologies to everyone.

I am speechless, well perhaps writer less, or even wordless when it comes to blogging at the moment.  It is as if a fog has parked itself in my brain.

There is also the undercurrent of criticism that lies like a throbbing pulse underneath the surface.  So for lighter relief I have been watching 'Endeavour',  Morse as a young man played by Sean Evans.  Morse is always in trouble because he believes in TRUTH.  As he doggedly trails the clues and of course always comes up with the answer to the crime committed I begin to wonder if there is anything that is really true.

It is as if the human race like a dog is just chasing its tail round and round, repeating the same mistakes and writing the same words of how to make everything better. Except. That. Doesn't. Happen.

I signed the Greenpeace's petition for the banning of private helicopters, I will tell why later on.  But I was in two minds, my grandson last week was flying in one in Mexico with a famous racing driver, how do you fit the two sides together?

Why? By now you will see that I do not go down the path of believing conspiracy theories, for me the way the world works is chaotic, butterfly wings cause the chaos. Or perhaps, action and consequence are not considered but only the forces of greed and ambition take hold. 

There is though the splitting of poor and rich and the heart aches for those on the wrong side of the barrier.  Here we are in this country of ours selling our old buildings to the buying tourists and yet there are a great many people our young ones as well, living in terrible conditions in old housing who are at the mercy of greedy landlords.

Basically those taxes that go through the Treasury should be creating a fairer more equal society but they are not.  It is time for the Conservatives to go?  Yes I  know what you are thinking, are they any better? the answer is a sad no to the Labour party but at least they are a little bit better.


9 comments:

  1. Why ban private helicopters? I would like to know Greenpeace's reasons. Sounds like killjoy to me, considering how few people actually own one. I would be happy if everyone voted Lib Dem. The other two are finished and show no signs of wanting to make life better and fairer for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even liberals have been known to make thumping mistakes Tom. I think Greenpeace took that action because private helicopters mean private wealth. They have the means of escape from the crowded world of full roads, envy maybe?

      Delete
  2. Mt Tesco delivery man and I were chatting this week about the same thing - and his parting words resonate with me "We both agree (this when looking at how much my unpacked order had cost) but I bet they all still vote Tory when the day comes" He then spoilt it by calling back as he walked down the drive "Wish we could have brought back Thatcher - she would have sorted it all out."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, as if a handbag and stiff bouffant hair style would solve the problems of today Pat. And who saw to the selling of social housing?

      Delete
  3. Things are wacky here too, Thelma! It just seems as if there is enough money, food, goods, housing, etc. in this world that no one should be lacking or suffering without. The rich get richer and the poor get blamed. How to fix it is another story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Ellen, it looks much worse in America and we seem to be following the same road unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. I earned the heli through hard work in my property development company. Why shouldn't I have it to pop to the country estate or my property abroad at weekends? Keep the riff-raff in their place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as tongue in cheek Tasker ;) But as a matter of interest do you have parties at your country estate?

      Delete
    2. Oh yes. Big ones. And you are invited to the next. We'll send the heli to pick you up. Are there suitable landing sites on Tod? Our pilot is not good around hills.

      Delete

Love having comments!