Saturday, September 12, 2026

12th September 2026

 I'm just not woke I am awake 

Two phrases struck me yesterday, the first is already there above, the second was by Alistair Stewart - the theatre of cruelty.  Alistair was talking about the incident at Reform's annual get together when a climate activist was hit by a walking stick and had her hair tugged fiercely by older people, the demagogue who underlie the Reform Party.  It is probably not a party that will succeed, Farage is on the ropes with his acceptance of donated money.  Tice and Jenrick of course adds to the hate filled atmosphere of the party.  Strikingly contemptuous words from the platform, the girl activist was mocked by one of the leaders,  and to paraphrase the words, questioned the girl did she go to university and had studied sociology.  Well I also did an 'A' level in sociology and I am 'awake' as to what goes on in my world.  The contempt for the intellectual is of course a sign of Fascism, destroy those that think, authoritinarism must rule.

What else, a marvellously long essay by Rebecca Solnit on 9/11, who points out that it was the people of New York who acted with such bravery.  Helping others, the mass evacuation by boats, the firemen going into the building and rescuing risking their own lives, and the 'little old lady' who stooped to help a man to his feet who had been pushed over by a panicking crowd. That man did he learn to live with hate of the evil forces that had attacked his country.  No, he went on to try to understand the people who were behind this dreadful deed.  And yes that is where we all must go, not killing, killing, killing.  Remember that 60's slogan make love not war (well not too much we already have a full quota of humans on the Earth!)

In all truth we govern ourselves, our doctors and nurses respond without question, our firemen and police wade into trouble without questioning the danger and educators suffer the wearisome task of trying to teach our children a moral code - they are all good people. 

 Those that have a moral code definitely do not question the need to rescue the illegal immigrants that try to reach our shores.  The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is there to save lives at sea.  It should not be part of any thuggish behaviour by the criminal WASPs who live within our country ;)

I have been rather frank which is embarrassing to a person who just loves a quiet life.  Almost to the point that I need to go off somewhere and secretly write what I think, or, perhaps just watch You Tube videos of people living their lives in the best way they could.



2 comments:

  1. Very well said. I will take being called 'woke' as a compliment, beginning with the recognition of the wrongs of the past but without blame to those of the present day, unless someone persists in 'the old ways'.

    Now so many people who gave during the 9/11 emergency are suffering from diseases related to air pollution. when they were misinformed about air quality by authorities.

    No need to hide. Your readers have similar views to yourself, which seems to be a general thing with blog writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Thelma. "All we need is love..." I'd rather be a helper than a hater.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, comments are appreciated.