Saturday, September 23, 2017

23rd September - Malmesbury


Malmesbury Abbey - Adrian Pingstone -  @Wikipedia


The header this time is from the Malmesbury Abbey Garden, home several years ago to the 'naked gardeners' and the scandal of their divorce.  You can't beat the Daily Mail for excellent photos ;).
When I went there with friends and Tom it was a very hot day, Malmesbury is a beautiful old town the Abbey itself dominates the place.
Tom about 6 years old ran around like an over excited dragon-fly, he definitely enjoyed the day as did my friends still living in Wiltshire, and who I miss very much. The old camera brought out the greenness of the place, and I note that now the garden has become a showcase under new ownership, a lovely bird's eye view of 'Old England', the house and town.









Tom was determined to appear in every photo, normally I have 'chopped' his head off, but I keep this photo to remind me of his oohs and aaahs over the lizard.



8 comments:

  1. I just had to click on the Daily Mail to find out what you were referring to...love a bit of tacky scandal now and again! It looks like another smashing place to visit.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Aril, the second link is beautiful. Daily Mail actually does very good archaeological photos as well with their articles!

      Delete
  2. Love the header Thelma - brings the place alive - it is so green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think that was the camera I had but it made the world a happier place that camera ;)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place. I, also, looked up the story of this place. As a gardener, I can't imagine doing it naked - too many bugs, bees and prickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I expect you would get an all-over tan but it leads to divorce obviously.....

      Delete
  4. Nothing better than an "English" garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much as I love the detail, there can be cases of over-manicuring a garden, clipped shape yew and box tends to put me off. But then naked people prancing around in the garden would as well!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!