Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saturday 3rd February

Begone winter!  Another slightly drizzly gray day has begun,  yesterday a feeble sun but I went for walk along the fields, something I have not done since I fractured my ankle - 6 months ago.  It still hurts, especially on uneven ground and slopes.  Scruffy Lucy accompanied me, she is having a wash and cut on Monday with a new dog groomer.  But apart from her increasing deafness she also gets sore front paws, something familar to cocker spaniels. 
She took great delight in our old walk romping along the path, waiting for biscuits to be thrown, which I had forgotten about and came back very muddy.  The highlight of the walk, and that which made me go, was to see the barn owls.  True to form one glided slowly and gracefully, coursing low over the field.  Another behind Bridge farm tracked another field.  No photos, concentrating on looking after a deaf dog, and a weak ankle took enough of my time, so I have gone through my photos of summer to lighten the day.

Hawthorn blossom that decorate Britain with such lavish affection in spring



scampering hare


the old orchard

bluebells in the wood behind

Perhaps one of my favourites - cow parsley
Under the small copse of the cherry trees that lie by the road there are extensive patches of snowdrops, as there are in the church yard.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how we need some summer photos to cheer us up in the grey days of January and February. As I look out of the window, the only colour is in the jade moss on the apple tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes all those lovely light shades of green are missing, just the dark green of ivy, holly and evergreens. Jade moss sounds nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By February winter becomes a bit of a slog where ever we have lived. I miss being able to comfortably dash outside without first layering on bulky clothes [though grateful that we have them in abundance.]

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!