Monday, April 15, 2019

Greta Thunberg - a tweet

A very busy small heroine - need I say more?






"Now I’m on the train on my way to the EU Parliament, the Italian Senate, the Vatican and the House of Parliament in London, during the Easter holiday. And on Friday I will participate in the school strike in Rome. (I know it’s a holiday but since the climate crisis doesn’t go on vacation nor will we.)"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/16/greta-thunberg-urges-eu-leaders-wake-up-climate-change-school-strike-movement

10 comments:

  1. The young are getting pro-active, thank goodness and she has inspired a movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many young people are getting involved - isn't it inspiring. My grand daughter, who has a two year old, can't do a lot but she has gone vegan for lent as a protest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta may be young but she is also remarkable and she has sparked so much activity in the fight to reverse climate change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only hope she can keep up the pace. But it also requires us to pay heed to the crisis and alter our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She gives us all inspiration to do anything we can, doesn’t she.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, though 'Extinction Rebellion' protests in London are not going down too well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just listened to Greta’s speech to the EU which seems if anything even more direct and powerful than her Davis one! I am seriously thinking of joining the Extinction Rebellion mass die in here in Melbourne on 27 though I guess the message is not getting through to those who complain of traffic disruption. They seem like people complaining about noise disturbance when they hear the shout “Fire! Fire!”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there is enough complaining in London as well, and I am sure the police will demand extra funding for all the arrests they are making. But many people have the bit between their teeth and are getting arrested. I think the 12 year end has really made some people think J.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!