Saturday, September 14, 2019

bodhisattva

That is what she is called I will take a photograph of her.  No comments because after taking the comments off it refuses to come back, why I don't know.  But it is a minor fault for the moment. Thinking things out, what music, I will show you one I might choose at the bottom, one other will be Mozart's Clarinet music light enough for a beginning.
Yesterday, after going to the hospital I walked down to the Registry Office and met Paul's son, a lovely lad and we chatted for sometime over a coffee.  But as I had arrived earlier beforehand  I went for a walk down to St.Olave's church a Norwegian patron saint and king, known better as St.Olaf.  It is within the precincts of the city walls, and if you went through a door you came to the Museum gardens, small but beautiful.  
Butterflies and bees fed on the allium flowers in front of me, around on the path large patches of sage, yellow marjoram and rosemary.  It was very peaceful and tranquil and much easier to go into the Registry office.  Yes, bureaucracy rules again but there are also civil wedding and the registering of births, so not all is sad.


So to the music, why?  It is a favourite for me, Paul laughed when I played it, and I like the lyrics they represent our times,  a historical record, I will find my Way Home... though I like to call it My Sun will rise in the east, it speaks of affirmation.

6 comments:

  1. I think how the next few days go sets a pattern which resonates for a long time Thelma - it certainly did with me. We all have to find our own way through the dark time - you sound to bemaking a good start. Reading through and between the lines of your posts for the last few months I have felt the approach of the inevitable but it doesn't make it any easier to bear. Be strong and remember all the good times. And don't underestimate the power of Lucy. Sending love your way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It does speak of affirmation. An original and most appropriate choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you have turned comments back on I will leave you a comment of condolence Thelma. I did not feel happy to be doing it through a third party to you. It was obviously all very quick but Paul had a little time in his own mind to prepare I believe. I wish you well in your time to come. I am sure, like everyone else, you will survive. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to think of you as you find your way in this new phase of living--without your dear companion. I doubt we are ever well prepared for changes that include the ending a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Thelma, I read the lyrics to that song and I found them beautiful. My condolences to you and your family on your great loss of Paul. What we know from your blog is that you loved him dearly and that you had a happy life together. May your family and friends surround you with love and support for the difficult days ahead.

    I never feel that those we love are ever gone because they stay in our hearts and memories for all of our days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well everyone, I have only just found your comments. Thank you so much, it has been a hard time, and now I am writing from the great shut down of the Covid 19 era, with a heart still sad. Bless you all. X

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!