Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tuesday



Nothing has changed.  Each morning one wakes up to the same truth but things must be done.  This time yesterday going to the funeral place in Malton.  Unfortunately when I arrived she had gone to the doctor's, an hour later she appeared, must have done a bit of shopping on the way.
I choose the Jam and Jerusalem rose for its second coming, each flower so beautiful.  I wandered out with bare feet, the grass was cold, Lucy followed behind with my slipper, I never have slippers on in the house because she has always got one! I rescued a tattered, struggling butterfly from a spider's web and remembered all the butterflies who seek shelter in the warmth of our houses at this time of year and hibernate until the first strong sun of spring lures them out, nature is always vital.



Another picture shows the state of the beds as the Bodhisattva peers out, a nettle rears its stinging head. Wild vetch also grew here alongside the peony planted.  I am a gardener who always questions 'weeds' and their place in our lives.  Nettles get dug up because they are cruel, but never forget if you are out in the countryside, nettles are a sign of former habitation, the rich earth disturbed.

News. well I am not giving up on it.  Johnson, with egg on his face figuratively speaking in Luxembourg.  Michael Morpurgo on being spat at, and Owen Jones who has also had some aggro over his views.  Owen Jones is in his way also an extremist, he has the innocent face of a young boy, but is full of anger as to how everything is happening.

This anger, with extremist right wing activists talking of hanging people from the nearest lamp post, should be seen as puffed up rhetoric, and perhaps what we should all be aiming for is a middle balance.  Definitely we should keep the calm and not come to blows over this issue.  But we need fairness in all this and a strict adherence to the laws of this country to see our way through.  I very much doubt that the present government have much time left to govern, and however you read the runes, it will all be different in a few years;) 

6 comments:

  1. Different yes but I am not sure it will be better. Brexit has unleashed so much unpleasantness and putting it back in its kennel will be a mammoth task. Owen Jones is so sharp, so bright. I hate to think of him being physically assaulted by blockheads. On the other hand I would sponsor them to do the same to Johnson. See - the unpleasantness has infected me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that nettles have their uses, but the sharp sting when one encounters them seems to me their predominate and unwelcome feature.
    When one's life pattern has been upset by loss and grief, I think it is good that we have the responsibility of animals who need companionship and tending.
    As you say, the same painful truth is there to be absorbed afresh, but there are things that must be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That very beautiful rose in your first photograph says all that needs saying today Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful rose. I have quite a few David Austin ones now, but sadly they will have to stay here when we eventually leave - I had them growing in big pots, but they weren't happy. I have a little patio rose called "Peachy" which is very similar to this, also repeat flowering happily at the moment.

    I have rather given up on the News and get Keith to give a precis of the day's news. I am waiting for an armed battle in Parliament . . .

    NOW I know what a Bodhisattva looks like . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading your beautifully worded blog for awhile now and have come to think of you as a deep thinking woman with a lovely heart. Now your heart is breaking for the loss of your beloved, Paul, and I wish I was as articulate and eloquent as you in conveying my condolences. May your loved ones surround you with love and may beautiful memories give you peace as the days go by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem that our comments are not getting through my dear - but this does not mean I am not thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!