Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday 11th December

Gosh the count down is happening, swords are levelled, and the war of words, lies and deceits go on. It will all be over soon.  
My day began at 5.30 am, after the storms of yesterday as rain and wind beat against the front of our west facing house, I had to try and get all the wet cardboard, which I had religiously trodden down out onto the road for the waste recycling lorry (before 6 am is the rule) without it blowing away.  Luckily the moon was out and helped me on my way.  Lucy was excited by all this fun and games and trotted round the garden as we put food out for the birds and opened the chicken hatch.  
Soon the making of bread, and maybe mince pies, and then later Xmas lunch in Appleton-le-Moor.  So a quietly busy day. 
Pottering through my photos and I find Rosedale village, this is the place where our river starts from.  The photos show summer, harebells amongst the heather, and old stone.  The church has a stone seat as well, Rosedale was a priory in medieval times.  Moors, fields, villages and churches.


Yorkshire moors




part of the priory


4 comments:

  1. Great countryside in God's greatest county.
    P.S. What happened to the family post about Madam Matilda and her siblings? I guess that you have self-censored or maybe your daughter... or Madam Matilda herself have requested a blackout. Naughty Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, a nasty little troll came along and said something spiteful so I took it off! Though Yorkshire is indeed beautiful, Britain as a whole landscape has something going for it. What does show is the infinite variety from Cornwall, through the south-west, past Wales and Ireland and then to Scotland. Actually sod the troll, never give in, I will put it back on about Matilda...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Places like Cornwall, Wales and Scotland are all well and good but I am afraid they are not a patch on Yorkshire.

      Delete
  3. I too love the Moors - your photos show it at its best.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!