Thursday, December 26, 2019

26th December



Well what to touch on this morning? Well what about funny presents.  I am walking around in a new pair of slippers, which I asked for, stipulating no mules as I would probably fall over and may I say they are warm and comfortable, good show M&S and to my daughter.  But then when I mentioned my hair was getting thinner, my daughter rushed out of the room and came back with a caffeine shampoo, weirdly it was for males so obviously not bought for me.  I expect you have seen that creepy advert with the woman saying 'especially good for women over 40' well I tick the box there, though I do drink a lot of tea as well, perhaps I should just pour it over my head.  Also there was a delicious box of M&S chocolate biscuits, thickly coated in chocolate.  The family had started eating them on the train but I will forgive there.....
My son never buys me any thing, though I hint loud enough but Xmas passes him by and his nose is buried in his laptop.
Xmas lists are the best answer, I give my daughter money for all of them which goes into a central pot, and they can buy what they want.  Tom, who likes good clothes but can't choose them, gets an overcoat from his mum.  Ben, who buys specific  clothes that are very expensive treats himself to the latest.  Matilda, clothes and makeup star on her list.  Lillie, desired a Swiss army knife this time around, she is part of the scouts/guide team which explains the need for a good penknife.  My daughter's list included pillows and mattress cover, like me she is more practical.


6 comments:

  1. Hope the caffeine shampoo is the answer to all your "women over 40" problems!! ( Yes VERY creepy ad) and your slippers are cosy.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much doubt it but who knew that caffeine had so many uses, not only clears the brain but keeps your hair on....

      Delete
  2. Keith uses that caffeine shampoo. He is no balder . . .

    I had some great gifts too (the kids and I had a Facebook-shared list of what each of us would like). I would LOVE to sit and read one of my new books but Danny is asleep on the sofa still as the mattress on the spare bed (given us by Gabby) was too uncomfortable to sleep in two nights running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh the 'Prince and the Pea' Danny needs a softer mattress. It is funny the same happens in this household, the two sofas are always commandeered by single persons lying stretched out.

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid I resort to money for all my family - they are far flung and I have no ideas what to buy - they all seem happy with the money. Well my dear we have survived Christmas haven't we? We miss our loved ones but they are never far from our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed Pat we have survived Xmas, and the year is now on the turn to another season and light.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!