Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thursday 17th September

Madam waiting for food, she chatters quite a lot to me but that sharp little claw always comes out should I get too near

Today is beautiful, crisp cold air and sun.  The little wren, who I haven't seen all summer, was spied on the trellis its tweaked tail bouncing up the struts with gay abandon.  I have been shopping early to get food for my animals.  Looking forward tomorrow when I take the car for its MOT and service (though it hardly needs it) because maybe they will give me the baby blue Kia courtesy car I love.  Such little things please my mind!

The three friends setting off for the front garden

Small things please, sad Johnson got such a thumping in parliament, never thought Milliband had it in him or the deputy leader of the Labour party Angela Rayner. But really and truthfully it is not fighting over who wins the argument, it is the substance of the argument we need to figure out.

Actually that dignified response to our wretched leader does not even begin to actually state what I feel, but if I was his doctor, I should demand resignation and a long convalescence on the spoils he has no doubt made, so that we can have someone less glib with the words and a more honest appraisal!

So back to the garden, most of the summer I had thought my plum trees had not fruited, but there has been a small miracle appearing as a  handful has coloured  up under the Autumn sun.  As Sue in Suffolk says, it is indeed a good year for the fruits of the wild to appear, sadly it is also said it will be a hard winter.




As the holly berries colour up a reminder that another festival is on the way.



7 comments:

  1. I would like 2 months of deep snow beginning on December 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow would be good giving the land a different look.

      Delete
  2. Plenty of berries on thay holly - it is the same here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not noticed the holly trees being so full of berries, shall have to look closer next time I go out that way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps their greenness blends in with their leaf, as happened with my plums Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have paid no attention. I hope it isn't true.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!