Monday, July 12, 2021

12th July 2021

Commiserations to everyone who gets involved in football. Prince George's face said it all, alongside his mother and father they all looked miserable when the game finally came to an end.  One thing I would say, they would go home in a chauffeured car, for many football fans and others it is the trains that they have to go home on with drunken rioting men, not a pleasant experience.

But to other things, Mia Tarney - artist, her work borders on a realistic art almost too sharp to bear, but take pleasure in her paintings of flowers on this summer morning.  She was born in 1973 and therefore I cannot show a painting, isn't it a 75 year copyright rule from date of death?

I have kept my moving boxes to 20, and the last one awaits it fill. Scared, yes of course of this new adventure, but also looking forward, a positive attitude of mind.  Life has not quite finished with me yet, though I am exhausted by the turns it has taken but hopefully in a good mental state and fairly physically active I will potter into this last throw of the dice.

I would still like to have a mad old spaniel to wander around with me, giving up my animals was hard, the car went without a backward glance.  Read about Max the springer spaniel and his companions here, and rejoice in their absolute zest for life.  Not sure about Springer spaniels, rather bouncy creatures by the look of them, but just give me an old merled black and white spaniel and I promise too care for him/her.


I have just noticed in my photos that it was Paul Nash's anniversary yesterday when 'he fell asleep' ;) But notice the words on this epitaph, heartfelt don't you think?  I love the way the words are squashed into the space.

"Whatsoever things are lovely, think on these things"


England May have lost but - Guardian article

8 comments:

  1. We watched the match (and I am NOT a football follower as a rule, but BIG matches like this are different, with England's honour at stake). Gutted for them, and have to say an awful lot of responsibility was placed on young shoulders,but the flip side of that is how much belief Gareth Southgate had in them. Perhaps next year . . .

    I haven't come across that artist before but gosh, what talent. Those flowers look alive.

    You must have gotten rid of an awful lot of "stuff" to limit your moving boxes to 20. Well done. Step forward into the future with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend bought some milk around this morning and explained the penalties to me, poor lads.

    Could not get in touch with removal people this morning 'on holiday' was the phone message. Insert swear word. Then Jen phoned back don't worry they are coming at 9.0.clock Wednesday morning, everything is in hand. Sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article Thelma, heart breaking end to the game. Felt so sorry for the three who missed their penalties.
    have you found a property yet? Love Paul Nash's work. JanBx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am staying with my daughter for a time whilst I look around for a flat to rent Jan. Well as far as the game is concerned they can always look forward to next year, sad about the boys though, and the horrible racist cruelty afterwards.

      Delete
  4. Well done Thelma - entering a new phase in your life with a positive state of mind - everyone is not like that/ I know things will go well and please a)get a new canine companion and b)keep up the blogging. All your blog friends would miss you so much if you stopped.
    I love the work of both Paul Nash and his brother John - I have many of the books of Ronald Blythe who lives in John Nash's .house I have them not for their religious content but for his knowledge of natural history, his reminiscences of Paul and John and his general attitude to life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see about a dog, otherwise I shall have to beg or borrow someone else's dog Pat.

      Delete
  5. Paul Nash was an excellent painter and war artist - he painted a lot in Wales too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He painted quite a bit in Wales, did he not have a cottage, know he painted a megalith or two Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!