Sunday, February 27, 2022

27/02/2022

My two last blogs have things that do not dwell on world happenings.  Today should be about rivers, but I will just push you gently towards the news, which has a glimmer of hope in it.  Never would I have thought that the economy might save the day.  China is definitely not on the side of annexation of Ukraine, and what with the economic powers of closing down banks and the transfer of money by Swift, certain signs are showing the world pulling together to defeat Putin, (is it just the mad leanings for power of the man?). 

The Ukraine soldiers are being joined by the people in the defence of the country, they are taking up arms to save themselves.  As one Ukraine said to the Russians, 'fuck you, do you want a tow back to Russia' he was talking to the driver of a tank.  Another Ukraine stepped in front of a tank to stop it, place your trust in the power of social media to convey these images to the Russian people and hope they can stop him before he gets even crosser.

So read my Guardian news here and a couple of photos of the River Kennett, which is a winterbourne river.










12 comments:

  1. Full financial Sanctions on Russia are being resisted by some. They will lose too much money themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Italy caved in, though the country will lose a lot Tom. India of course and China has not signed up 100 %. But war is bad for the economy except of course for the armament merchants.

      Delete
  2. I’m hoping China will stay out of things. A riverside walk in the sunshine is comforting among all the current news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, yes there will be plenty of river water to walk by after all the rain we have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can only pray that financial sanctions bring him to his senses. Keith would have it onrolling news allday long - I go elsewhere.

    Ah, winterbournes- that reminds me of Winterbourne Kingston in Dorset where my ex-husband's g. aunt and uncle lived, bless them. Staying with them was the only time I have ever slept in a feather bed. A few Winterbourne villages down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you sneeze all night? No I don't listen to the news during the day. Funnily enough been listening to Alan Garners -'Owl Service'(a freebie) and Ray Winn's 'The Wild Silence'. There is something mystical about rivers that dry up, though of course in summer it would happen.

      Delete
  5. Last time I looked North Stoke was beside the River Thames. Greetings from over the other side of the river. might have seen you around Wallingford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This North Stoke is a different one BBE. On the other side of Bath, though above the river Avon. I expect there might be quite a few North Stokes. (The wood north of the city)

      Delete
  6. It is nice to be back home after a couple of days in hospital. Blogging is so part of my life that I miss the ccompany it brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to see you back Pat and I am glad it went all straightforwardly. Back to blogging for you with a few stories probably from the hospital stay. X

      Delete
  7. I find myself quite moved at the courage we are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have felt terrible today Debby as we watch the onward swing of Russia's advance, though I admire the courage of the Ukrainian people, it is all so unnecessary the death of these people.

      Delete

Love having comments!