Sunday, March 19, 2023

Mothering Sunday

It is Mothering Sunday and I am home alone again because the family went to the theatre last night and then slept over at Tom and Ellie's flat.  Lillie had suggested that I could sleep in the bath but somehow I wasn't too keen on that!

So they are back this morning and we all going for a meal at Grasso in Tormorden as my daughter has managed to bag a table for six.  Matilda is down from London, so three grandchildren and three adults..

My son phoned Friday, always late on special occasions and asked what would I like for the event, thinking he would never get anything to me by Saturday I specified a couple of things.  Lo and behold Amazon delivered a parcel in the afternoon.

Looking through the photos I came across some old ones, when my daughter was young, and so was I. It is interesting to see how times have changed.


My first mother-in-law, myself and my daughter

The shiny plait of my daughter's hair




6 comments:

  1. I was just saying how I love old photos and the happy memories they bring. I wonder "where did the time go?" as it seems like yesterday yet I know it's ages ago. I am glad your family appreciated you for "Mothering Sunday".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was good and the girls bickered amicably, so the day went off happily Ellen.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo though.Old photos of happy times always leave a feeling of sadness for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is called nostalgia Pat for times gone but the memory is still there.

      Delete
  3. Very large card arrived for wife from son. He was in Adelaide airport about to get on a plane to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I got two pens, both expensive. A fountain pen and a pretty biro. I mentioned it to both children of course but I happy with both, when the electricity disappears and I can no longer use my computer a pen will be fine. Sounds an exciting life your son leads, he escaped the cold of Yorkshire..

      Delete

Love having comments!