Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Cats

There is not much news.  I might be getting a cat, a 'golden oldie.'   19 years old, one of us should last longer than the other ;) As you can probably see I am more of a dog person but have no issue with cats having had several in my life.  They always come from rescue sanctuaries.

The dignified James a large Tabby cat, and little Tiger who fell in love with him and moved in. Maxi a black cat from such a long time ago, long lived and very faithful.  Would sit on our front doorstep all the time we were away in Switzerland  He was looked after by a neighbour and I can still remember when we packed to go to Bath to live. He climbed into the car making sure we took him.  Then when I was a child the big white cat called Snowy, one green and one blue eye.  Totally self-sufficient as he lived with us and the people next door.

This cat my daughter found at Manchester RSPCA, cannot go out, so that should be alright, so I shall wait and see if she is free, she is called Molly, but then when did cats respond to their name?  Apparently she lived with another cat who seemed bossy and took all the cats food leaving Molly looking thin.  Still if you had a cat for nineteen years would you not get rid of the domineering one?

I still miss 'Green Eyes', the little feral kitten who decided to come and live in the garden, she is now comfortably ensconced on a smallholding in North Yorkshire.

Green Eyes Butterfly watching

Again Green Eyes. Safe, sound and settled.

Edit; Note the above two photos are Green Eyes not Molly

14 comments:

  1. Ours came from RSPCA Halifax. Since she died we have to admit to spending rather a lot of time looking at the web site. It's difficult getting one at this time of the year when you have to keep them in a week or two, but one that does not go out would not have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent several months looking for a spaniel on Dog's Trust, then one day Lucy popped up and I managed to get her. Cats are somewhat different as you have to 'butter their paws' to get them settled. Sure that is a myth though. Well my daughter has to have a phone meeting tomorrow, so we shall see.

      Delete
  2. I had a sneaky look too! She looks lovely and in good condition for such an old gal. Ours never got beyond 18, sadly. I hope she is happy in her new home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I get her Jennie, I will look after her very gently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I set out to adopt a geriatric cat and instead got a four or five year old Torty who barely acknowledges me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat a dog for faithfulness and love Joanne, cats are their own creature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always voted for The Cats rather than The Dogs. The Dogs are like The Conservative Party - barking all the time and defecating everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In defense of dogs. What do you think cats do to get rid of their food? I get cross at them because of their killing of small birds but did some time in the last few weeks in Normanby by trying to catch feral cats and get them neutered, I caught three in the end.

      Delete
    2. The Cats go to special sheds like sentry boxes where they do their business before wiping their feline bottoms on squares cut from old copies of "The Daily Telegraph" that hang from a string behind the door.
      P.S. Good on you for having those feral cats neutered.

      Delete
  7. Hello, she also has the same white patch on her nose as Green Eyes had. Her foster carer actually wants to keep her so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Molly does not work out, I really hope you find an older cat to take in. Everyone always wants the kittens. (Molly is gorgeous though!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debby, lost in America with gunman tootling around;) Actually the above cat is not Molly but Green Eyes. Yes I should be able to find an old cat given my daughter works for the RSPCA.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!