Sunday, July 30, 2023

Revelations

 Revelation/s: There are two!

Worrying about Mollie starving to death because she seemed to have difficulty eating the answer to the problem came last night.  It was the bowls I had been given.  She came courtesy of the RSPCA with two litter boxes, a toy, 2 aluminum bowls and a fancy drinks bowl.  And Paul who had delivered her, even went and bought a bag of wood chippings for me.  Those bowls were not what she usually ate from suddenly came down from above, they were new, so I went downstairs found a small plate cut her food up and sure enough every scrap was eaten - relief knows no bounds and a clean plate.  She is a loud mouthed little creature and if there was a language translator for cats I might have come to the answer sooner.

The other revelation, well not exactly.  You may have noticed in my writing I am not to sure where to put to or too, So I asked Bard this morning and the answer is below.  Grammar lessons at school was never my go to subject, but I passed with straight 'A's precis, I may read too fast but my understanding is sharp.

Just heard on the news that Sunak, taking his initiative from the car loving public has decided to write his essay in supporting the car to win the forthcoming election - idiot, whilst Rome burns etc, etc.

Farage on the other hand, has found something to champion, banks who won't let you open an account.  Apparently lots according to Grant Shapps,  band wagon's like sinkholes are opening everywhere for the political parties.  What does it say? Clutching at straws I think.

Poverty sadly does not make it to the table though.  But there is a little fight back in odd corners, railway strikes we know of, I am not sure why well paid surgeons are striking but Amazon employees are beginning to stir. They are clock timed to the minute by the company, and unionisation makes the company unhappy.

So to Bard, my companion on this weekend alongside Mollie, think I better ask about the meaning of preposition.

To and too are homophones, which means they sound the same but have different meanings and spellings. To is a preposition, while too is an adverb.




10 comments:

  1. Sunak says he is a champion of car drivers and will be challenging traffic quietening arrangements. Does that mean he is pro air pollution in residential streets and pro little kids being knocked over, pro rat runs etc.? What a tosser! He's just looking for votes from ignoramuses like those who voted Tory in Uxbridge. It's enough to make me put on my tutu - I have two but one is too small and the other too big though I wore it to Archbishop Tutu's inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They (those in power) say anything to keep themselves in power. Is it because they are London centred? I just wish the news and associated talk would ignore them. I did not know you possessed TWO tutus, maybe keep the larger one for when you give up walking and get a bit bigger!

      Delete
  2. Interesting about the cat bowls Thelma. I am reading Lawrence Anthony's book '\the Elephant Whisperer' and in it he talks a lot about how we communicate with animals. I am not sure what kind of books you like but I have found it enthralling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch videos on animal behaviour Pat. One thing that comes immediately to mind is how whales and dolphins seek help when trapped by fishing nets from divers to cut the nets away. Funnily enough Lucy my spaniel had a game which was upending her water bowl across the floor, she did it once when she was being looked after at a friend's house. The answer was to give her one of the very heavy 'paste' bowls, impossible to lift up for her.

      Delete
  3. I was once at a girlfriend's house when a stray dog wandered in. It kept asking for something in dog language. We tried to understand but it eventually gave up, so he climbed up to the tap at the sink and pointed to it. It wanted a drink of water. We felt pretty stupid. Benn missed out the violence of warlords. The sycophants were just mercenaries trying to be on the winning side and lived by the violence which ordinary people got caught up in when just trying to live peaceful lives. It still goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the warlords should come into the equation. Perhaps the Wagner chief is playing a double game at the moment. Benn is a face and a philosophy that is missing from government today.
      Animals are intelligent of course, dogs especially so. Not all of course, a bit like humans;)

      Delete
  4. Aluminium can have quite a strong smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it wrong, should have said stainless steel. Mollie is a bit like a National Treasure at her age, needs handling delicately.

      Delete
  5. Good for Mollie, holding out for the "real thing." She wanted to bring it to your attention, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes she is very attention seeking Joanne. My daughter said 'gosh another alpha female'. I'm not but my granddaughter is;)

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!