Tuesday, August 1, 2023

1st August 2023

 A Mollie Report:

As a National Treasure, being moved from pillar to post does not go well with me but I survive.  Food has finally been worked out by substituting a plate for the bowl which I had great difficulty with.  Not to keen on those vile little tins of Gourmet Gold (this is Thelma speaking, stupid little wasteful tins).

Yesterday tuna in mayonnaise was offered - not bad, I can see I am worrying my keeper - fine.  Did a little exploring yesterday went down into the dark recesses of the basement, rather miserable place.  But there are other people occupying this house as well.  A female who comes and goes who I rather like.  Another female, Lillie I believe, came back yesterday from a scouts holiday in the Lake District.  She had two enormous rucksacks and bought me a present back, a sort of red light which bounces around.  Not sure what to do with it, am far more interested in the human companionship.

I sit at the top of the stairs and scream loudly for my mistress to come upstairs and be with me, but she says 'be quiet, I will be there eventually'

I sleep a lot in my de luxe cardboard box, though I have a soft bed down by the Aga, unfortunately it is not switched on.

Apparently my mistress has some problem with me sleeping on top of her, something called 'movement' but I hope my gentle purrs soothe her.

The window on which I sit and watch the world go by is quite interesting.  People and dog watching from the safety of my perch on the windowsill and my curiosity in this new life knows no bounds.

She has also told me that she thinks cats are selfish, for we only look for our own comfort and dogs are much more pleasant in their relationship with humans.  Angry miaow.

I love my new room a place of sanctuary and comfort, there is a bed and sofa to sleep comfortably, but my companion occasionally moans about my clutter of stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry Mollie - keep up the charm offensive - it will pay dividends in no time - sounds as though you are well on the way already. Plenty of purrs, plenty of jumping on knees and plenty of gazing into their eyes as though to tell them they are the most important person in your world. - they will soon all believe it. By the time winter comes you wil be awarded with the best and warmest place in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mollie is quite a domineering little cat Pat but we get on alright and there is a lot of purring.

      Delete
  2. You are there to be worshipped Mollie and don't let the slaves forget it. Humphrey doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Aril entering the cat world once more is quite an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see Mollie, that you have gotten your human trained pretty quickly and don't worry, she will soon realize her place in the world . . . If your cardboard box bed ever needs replacing, Aldi and Lidl have them before they squash them, so tell your human to send a minion out in search of one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about cardboard boxes Jennie, she has quite a sturdy wine shop one at the moment. One of the reasons her miaow is so loud is because she is somewhat deaf but she makes me laugh standing at the top of the stairs demanding I should be with her.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!