Thursday, August 3, 2023

3rd August 2023

Morning Routine;  Thought I would be a tad boring today.  After breakfast, I tackle a jigsaw, Wordle, Spelling Bee and then a Codeword, to see that all my facilities are still working.  They are.

A minor triumph, bought some food yesterday from Lidl for Mollie and she knocks it back as if there is no tomorrow, 'Prochoice' if you are interested.  But I was really worrying that she was hardly eating the food she came with, which was classified as pate.  When the world is starving, we give our pets luxury! Matilda is coming down for the weekend. She will be interested in Mollie, as is Lillie, though Mollie is an independent creature. 

I do a lot of the cooking, butter bean dish last night, we have dined simply this week, with Lillie her favourite is Macaroni Cheese, and the other night we had Risotto.  Carbs are needed by the working girls.

We are nearly all vegetarian, even Andrew.  The world is slowly turning to making their diets more plant based, we still eat fish now and then but that is all.  I read yesterday food is one of the most important things we have to rely on and that is true.  Veganism is trying to address our use of meat and dairy products.  Now that is where many of us fall into the deep hole of butter and cheese.  The Vegan alternatives are not the same and as for organic food too expensive to buy.



8 comments:

  1. My daughter is gluten-free and dairy-free and it is more expensive to do that. We have discovered lots of good recipes that are still delicious but safe for her to eat.
    Again I had the notice that you had sensitive content and I had to click my permission to get to your blog. I wonder what is triggering that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice there are always gluten free shelves in the supermarket Ellen, and of course you can get dairy free milks and cheese. As for 'sensitive content' I shall only occupy the naughty step for a short period of time;)

      Delete
  2. I am not veggie but I really don't care for meat - love fish and adore a good quiche. But my carer cooks my lunch - as she cooks lunxh for her 90 year old mother in law too I thankfuly eat what I am given. On the now quite rare occasion these days when I eat out (used to be most of the time when I was mobile) I always choose either fish and chips (if I know the place serves good ones) or a good quiche with a jacket potato (usually but not always well-cooked - often microwaved which means you don't get a good crispy skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love quiches as well Pat. Lidl do quite a good one, quiches are so labour intensive, and we put more cheese on top of the Lidl one. We also eat fish, either in a fish pie, goujons and salmon on special occasions.

      Delete
  3. We're all carnivores in this house, although these days Keith would have fried fish every night! The chippy do a very good fried fish - fresh and sweet.

    I'd love to do a proper table jigsaw but can't think where I could do it because the kittens get everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are jigsaws to do on your computer, they can be found here - https://www.jigsawexplorer.com/ - 150 pieces in half an hour is my goal. I think meat will eventually price itself out of the market, it is already quite expensive and the young seem to be turning to a more plant based diet.

      Delete
  4. We have turned into a challenge of sorts, turning one chicken breast into a family supper, stretching a pound of hamburger to last two meals. I am experimenting with a lot more grains. It is really much better for us, I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grains, nuts, vegetables and fruit all play a part I suppose Debby. It is just getting the balance right. Food I think is being used by the Russians as a weapon of war, stopping the export of grain from Ukraine but then promising the African countries they will get grain from Russia.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!