Wednesday, August 16, 2023

16th August 2023

There is not much to write about this morning though the day is glorious.  I have wandered up the canal path, watching the feathers on the water go by.  Probably from the 20 or 30 Canadian geese who flew overhead.  Along the waterside there is a small oasis of weeds, the dreaded ragwort, oxeye daisies, fireweed and a tall pale white something that looks like a hollyhock in its growth but could well be a musk mallow.

My daughter is home after one of those terrible migraine headaches, we think caused by her abrupt stopping of anything with caffeine in.  As I had tablets with caffeine in when I succumbed to headaches, I am not surprised at the backlash.  Our bodies adjust to what we eat, but throw in a spanner and there is a tantrum, migraines especially so.  We both feel relief when the sun goes down, probably showing how the rhythms of the Earth have a bearing on our physical being.

In my delving on You Tube I came across the 'Unexpected Gypsy', I am not giving a link but she is an artist, that either lives in the clouds or with the fairies.  In fact her work is based round fairies. She is one of the New Agers who will dance around at will and talk of meditation and looking into oneself and talking out her problems, and of course loving oneself.

The National Treasure Mollie is refusing her food, whether from 'I don't like that stuff' or whether she finds it difficult to eat I don't know.  But health wise she zoomied round the room this morning.  Her mate for nineteen years was Ginger, the cat I mentioned recently.  He wouldn't let her eat and that is why they have been parted.   Mollie has a particular loud Miaow, this caused by her deafness, and can get irritated should I go down stairs, she sits  at the top furiously and loudly meowing. There is something very autocratic in her little soul.

I rather like this craft room of Carl Larsson



17 comments:

  1. Oh, Thelma, I like the bright colors and the many details in that picture. We get a lot of Canadian geese on our river here. Are the geese everywhere but Canada?!? Hope your daughter is recovered from her headache. Those can really knock a person out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about the geese Ellen, perhaps they just don't like Canada. Karen is taking a couple of days off, they always leave one physically exhausted these migraines.

      Delete
  2. Sounds as though Miss Mollie is determined to take up as much of your attentioon as she can. Thank you for the Carl Larson picture - I had forgotten him - I used to have a book about him. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always liked the family paintings, but a whole lot of his paintings went through on Christa Zaat website which showed a very different side of him Pat.

      Delete
  3. Some cruel streak has me imagining the Unexpected Gypsy camped in a lay-by in midwinter and going out to shoot a rabbit or two for the family's breakfast, followed by a long day collecting scrap metal and maybe some bare-knuckle fighting in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not noticed John, gypsies find it very hard to camp anywhere because of the great stones council and farmers lay down to stop the gypsies. You are going to giggle at a video, so I thought it best not to put one on. I can hardly see you dancing about your kitchen!

      Delete
  4. LOL at John. I looked around at the Unexpected Gypsy's facebook page. She seems happy enough (and I certainly wish that to be true), it just seems like her life is unbalanced. There is no yin, no yang. Life is a mixture of good, of difficult, of learning, of growing. It seems as if she is purposely ignoring anything that doesn't fit with her ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is one of these 'needy' people Debby and needs to talk. Contrary to John's expectation, she has a studio and shop. Over ebullient emotions and loving everyone tends to leave me saying that isn't quite how I see life. But each to what suits you best. I'll find a video for you.

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wfkbMBa8A - You can find plenty on You Tube

      Delete
  5. Mollie has clearly learnt a lot about bullying and is putting it into practice on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cats are famous for being self-centred Tasker, luckily she sleeps a lot in the day.

      Delete
  6. Your bossy cat is making me smile! Love the picture of the craft room, including the shot gun to get rid of anyone interrupting you when you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not as exhausting as your pair of growing kittens Jennie. Yes I noticed the gun, obviously a practical room also but of course these days guns and children would not be allowed to co-exist.

      Delete
  7. Carl Larsson has so many beautiful pictures. I sometimes feels he produced them daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love his garden paintings Joanne, the grass unkempt and fruit trees. He paints a happy family life.

      Delete
  8. I found that artist some time ago and couldn't recall the name! I've come across this type of eternal seeker a few times in my life... They're fascinating, exhausting, a bit contrived or performative maybe, there's a vanity there and I just can't look away. I have so many questions about the type of lifestyle and social circles that foster and accommodate this type of social media output, but I definitely don't want to spark the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Riverside Hermit, you are quite right who belongs to such followings what do they find out about themselves. Is it just curiosity or would they like the life style. She is engaging but as you say there is vanity and a need to perform for the audience.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!