Thursday, August 13, 2026

13th August 2026

 I was ill yesterday with  another migraine headache.  This time a killer so my computer time is measured out, for it seems to encourage the 'aura'.

But it doesn't say I can't listen and this morning up popped some of my favourite people in Private Eye', talking about the Crewkerne Man.

You can find the man on You tube, he runs, according to himself, satirical Y/T videos, unfortunately he has a nasty tongue and is racist. He has even been in prison for his attacks on people, but it is put about that Kemi Badenoch sent him a Christmas Card - last year presumably.  Anyway she feels that he has been rehabilitated in prison, turned over a new leaf and all that and so should go for the council position he is aiming for.  Note do not let any more Reform/Restore people into councils - they dictate and close down any opposition.

What else political;) pointed out to our local politician who was singing the praises of Burnham and his Cobra meeting, that he was slightly missing the point in only banning portable BBQ actually it was the fact that there are fires all over the world and Climate Change he should be thinking of.  For instance water.  We are in a drought at the moment, what about more reservoirs and farm ponds coming under public discussion as well? And do we really need the Data Campuses of AI computers sucking all the water out of the country as well? already the protests are on the move in Torrington, Devon

I shall now watch a slow knitting video with a splash of philosophy thrown in.

I forgot. The family went up to see the eclipse.  You have to get pretty high here, so they and other people walked up to the fields by the Shepherd's Rest, a good restaurant by the way. and about two thirds up to Gaddings reservoir   And watched the eclipse from there.  There was a drummer happily drumming the occasion in, but he obviously got up the nose of someone who lived in a cottage there.  For the man yelled out for him to stop drumming and then angrily walked back to his weaver's cottage slamming the door furiously behind him and leaving his poor wife behind.  The family were disappointed with the show but on looking at some other photos it was not such a bad spectacle.  Better thenthe 1999 one which was in daylight.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are getting such terrible migraines, Thelma. Hope it's gone by now. I always wonder if it is the weather or something I ate? If we could solve that mystery, we could be rich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaving it to the scientists Ellen. Come to the conclusion that money is the root of all evil!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now. We didn't attempt to see the eclipse - seen one, seen them all. 😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already seen two Janice, both rather underwhelming. Could be because of them happening in daylight.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, comments are appreciated.