Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thursday 26th July



Here I sit, a turban on my washed hair and the milkman has just brought me the 20 kilo sack of wild bird seed and drops it on the front porch.  The birds get through a sack in about every two months and even the bantams eat it as well.
But my thoughts have been elsewhere, firstly with Peter Gabriel as they mentioned WOMAD on the radio this morning.  Bath and Solsbury Hill, the climb to the steep top, someone once asked me were there any eagles round Bath - of course not!
Across the valley of the A46 and my Langridge walk, which I truly do miss and of course old Moss my constant companion on walks.  You cannot beat the downs around Bath as the most beautiful countryside, this is where the Cotswolds hills come to a halt.




10 comments:

  1. I long for some off-road walks - we have the views here, but sometimes I just need the "wild" and at the moment I need to go and unwind up in the hills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of old trackways across the hills, with no motor roads cutting them up, something I can't find round here but 'wandering' was a delight except facing up to bullocks took some nerve...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Most people come to Bath for the city, but the walking is good as well.

      Delete
  3. Our lands, except for the farming fields, are dense with shrubbery and trees. I think I would love to walk in the Cotswold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey stone houses and cottages with prices that would make your eyes water, but the landscape is very beautiful, more grazing than arable land. The walk through the Cotswold Way is about 100 miles long, all along there are Iron Age hill forts, landscaped into the hills.
      https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/cotswold-way

      Delete
  4. Some dogs live on in one's heart forever - with me it was Algy Pug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moss was such a grounded dog, being an intelligent collie, he could always find his way through the thickest gorse. Once he got 'stung' on the electric fencing round the cattle, afterwards would take an half a mile detour round it, joining me further on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the video, I had forgotten I like that song.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!