Friday, July 6, 2018

Mouses

The other day I ordered a wired mouse for my computer, because the new wireless mouse, seemed to go through batteries at an enormous pace.  Ordered from Dell, I had specific details of when it would arrive, which was Wednesday and tracking device email.  Well it did not, mine was 86 in the delivery line and when I checked, the poor delivery driver had a 100 deliveries.
No moaning from me, and yesterday he turned up on the doorstep and as I signed asked him how many deliveries this day - 108, he had not even stopped for a meal.  Asked how he felt about this, he said he would stop internet shopping, except on Wednesdays.
Slave labour? overworked, makes you think every time we press that button too buy, some poor sod has to deliver it!  Yes I know it is a job but one not properly paid for, he will never get rich on a service wage.  Perhaps we should start looking at the world in a different way but not Amazon drones!




The mouse works fine Sharon, (who also has had problems with wireless mouses) but have just commited another 'sin' ordered a hedgehog house because I found some hedgehog poo on the front doorstep.

4 comments:

  1. Hedge hog house? They sell everything on Amazon. They are taking over the world. Amazon also has been known to sell for the little guy until the product gets so popular and then they contract to make their own and undersell the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes hedgehog house, their population has declined by about 50%, our local hedgehog sanctuary has about 10 hoglets, their mums killed on the road. I try not to shop AT Amazon, but at one of the suppliers that lurk in the background, books are so easy to find there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thelma. I now order my books from Waterstones - they are also very good.
    I might consider buying a hedgehog house - love the idea although as my garden is walled and also on a very steep slope I doubt I get any in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat the only thing about Waterstones is that they are more expensive then someone like Bookdepositery, where you can good clean secondhand books. Not sure hedgehogs like climbing steps ;) but I suspect a walled garden would prove ideal as a sanctuary against getting run over.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!