Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday 21st November

The weather is dreadful, cold, wet and drear.  Watched a stoat try to climb the wall of the church yesterday and then he slipped along to the great tree with holes in it.  The jackdaw raise their young here every year, and the stoat swanned up and and down, in and out much to our amusement.  Could hsve been a weasel of course, and I did worry about the bantams but I have a feeling the creature would have been after the eggs.  It would explain all the broken egg shells, probably from Nelson's smallholding you find along the field walk.
Yesterday was 'quiz night' at the pub, we did well but not as well as the people who always win, they need handicapping, like confiscating their mobiles for a start ;)  Tuesday night is pie night, which everyone in the village enjoys, I get a delicious lasagne as I am supposed to be vegetarian!
The hoard of raffle items, went down pretty quickly and no one wanted the York City football tickets which I found rather surprising.  Not so many people as usual, but the hard core of the village inmates were there and it was less noisy and more enjoyable.
Paul had got himself a new computer a couple of weeks back, and gets cross with the 'newfangledness' of it, so yesterday he did a foolish thing and went back to basic settings, because he did not want AMD radeon setting, which of course lost everything he had put on, this will include email accounts with contacts and photos, though I have his photos on one of the external hard drives.  I can see a fun day ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Weather is equally bleak here Thelma although not quite as cold as yesterday I thought when I did my morning walk with Tess.
    A stoat is much bigger than a weasel so easily distinguishable - they are wicked things both - but then that's nature I fear. I did read how many men cried at the plight of the baby penguin in last Sunday's Dynasties programme - I think we are all touched by this kind of thing but in your case eggs are better than baby jackdaws I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is Pat, one rarely sees the stoat and weasel together to judge. I cannot watch nature shows, or at least such shows as Dynasties, when animals get killed or suffer.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!