Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday morning



The start of the day:  Chase Lucy round the lawn after the head of lettuce (which is going funny and being fed to the hens) she ultimately chews half up and the hens get the rest.  Letting two hens out of the coop, Lady Jane likes to sleep in splendid isolation in the square rabbit hutch so she comes out next, she keeps it clean and refuses to sleep with that bully Phoebe.  Lady J has the personality of royalty, she is slightly mad, will be seen rushing madly around for no reason whatsoever but normally sticks with her sister Fey.
To be done...leaf collection, the more mundane aspect of Autumn!


I have taken possession of my 'craft room', very untidy but I know where everything is.  Three hearts and two bags made this week, after we mended my sewing machine.  The bags are to hold work in progress and will, when I get round to buying one hung from a row of knobs.
I sorted the countries problems out last night, dreamt about Egypt, then thought as Britain is going down the drain, rather then moan we should start building pyramids and temples, ruined cities in the countryside, so that posterity can look back and say well they did something useful in creating such places.... When all those politicians have gone to a better place in the sky, just remembered this....


Which wasn't the original thought, but it is so calming.  The original goes like this, babies and politicians need changing quite a lot.  What do they have in common? they produce a   lot of s***.

For somethings to be desired............. from Bils and Rye.  Look at the elegant shape of those cups, dimpled finger hold, softly glazed colour - yum.



 And this - polished marble?


8 comments:

  1. I've stopped watching the news mainly. Just trust that I can adjust to new situations as they arise. Am focusing all my energies on my green volunteering and making personal changes instead. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that is the right way forward. We also have a Saturday repair morning in Kirkby, and some of the females I know volunteer at the library. Voluntary work is probably the backbone of this country.

      Delete
  2. I met a talented potter this week at St Dogmael's weekly market. I had to sit on my hands! (David Small,who works at Waunifor, Llandysul - www.waunifor.com).

    I have had it over my head with Brexit - Keith can watch political news around the clock, so he can have my share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked David Small, very similar to the above Jennie. Lovely work but a tad expensive...............except we should pay for the work they put into it!

      Delete
  3. I love those dimples and that polished marble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the colours as well. It is quite extraordinary that B&R gallery can survive in a little town like Kirkbymoorside. Rich Yorkshire people?

      Delete
  4. We must remain wary soldiers in keeping Democracy strong. We do not need to pretend that looking away will help. Love the animals who keep us honest. That banner/ header for your blog is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor there is a weariness in this country over the shambolic affair that is Brexit, the country is split (that is what they say at least) but what we see is the shufflng round for power from a few individuals. At least Theresa May holds strong, whether she has the right agreement is in the lap of the gods.
      The demise of the Abbeys, had they become corrupt? was devised equally by corrupt motivations. Yet they stand ruined and beautiful to warn us;)

      Delete

Love having comments!