Friday, November 6, 2020

Friday 6th November 2020




Yorkshire has had floods  by the rivers and snow on the higher ground, the weather turns with its usual rota of happenings.  This morning it is fog, cold and clammy, my adopted cat peers in at the french doors at 5.30 this morning, hungry already.  Here she is yesterday enjoying the sun.


The leaves continue to fall in their thousands and I scoop them up to put in the compost.  This tree leaves are still to follow, in the front I am scolded by either the wren or the robin - territorial wrestling with underweights;) 


We are told of course to leave this mulch of leaves in place for the insects to hide under over winter and I shall leave some of course.  Rod will mow most of them  away though when he eventually comes to do the last mow. And as he needs work for winter I will ask him to trim the hedge outside the fencing. 

I am thankful for my friends in the village, Rosina says I can keep my hens till I leave but she is booked for the coop and runs.  Christina for the apples she left yesterday.  Jo for her endless stories and Irene who always keeps in touch.

Autumn can become a bedraggled month, stone grey and brown but then the sun will come out and the little cat will be found sitting round the garden as in the photo.  She tends to tease the hens and there will be a great hullaboo in the garden and the hens retire to their run to sulk.

Quite a few years ago

Building Power in a Crisis - The Ecologist

4 comments:

  1. We would have squirrels and mice at those apples in no time! Lovely family photo...miss family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have plenty of barn owls to keep the mice down. Yes it is horrible when you don't see family, not sure what Xmas will bring either.

      Delete
  2. I like your little cat. She certainly knows her place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne she is feral, but has stamped her ownership of the garden and my service as her food provider every day. she is very sweet though.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!