Sunday, November 8, 2020

Dearly beloved




Today is Remembrance Sunday conducted away from the Cenotaph because of the cloud of the pandemic we all live under.  Each year we remember the dead from the first World War, the horrible cruelty war inflicts on soldiers and civilians but rather than the poem - Lest We Forget - I read this morning Margaret Atwood's 'Dearly', you can hear it here' in the Guardian.

A mantlepiece of photos, memories of  happier times that chase through my mind daily.  Today, Sunday, apart from the two minute silence, I shall light the candles and incense for my love Paul as I do every Sunday.

Sometime I think life is a far harder taskmaster than death.

And then I will talk of the print that hangs above of Sutton Bank and the memory it captures.

Caught in Time's Current - Margaret Atwood


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love having comments!