Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Tuesday 18th November

 


Well there she is her vampish beauty playing the coquette with the camera. Who? Nigella Lawson, as she munches her way through bowls of delicious meals. I like her, she makes me laugh for a start. Yes who doesn't know the ratio of butter to toast, applied as the toast begins to cool, and then those lovely puddles of golden goodness dot the brown of the toast.  And yes my breadmaking is almost the same, except for adding a couple of tablespoonfuls of butter to the mix -  nix, waistlines Nigella?

She reminds me of a very good friend from long ago.  J was Algerian/French, and flirted with such determination with any man she came into contact with but it always reduced me to giggles. She was adamant about my daughter causing the blackberry stains on the white dresses of her two girls, that we probably fell out over it.  Last seen when she enrolled my services as a 'respectable married woman' to sit at a lunch party of  the solicitor she hoped to marry somewhere in a town in the New Forest.  I don't think her seduction came off though the cross faces of the solicitor's adult children round the table spelt trouble.

My ten minute worry today.  Will be about two darling kittens that turned up in the garden yesterday, wild and feral they need to be caught, so must phone the Cats Protection about them, or we shall be overrun with cats.

Fenella Fielding - a real classic vamp ;)



11 comments:

  1. Two minutes of Nigella is all I can cope with - about the time it takes to realise she's on and turn her off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sue. That trailer they're showing at the moment: "This is what cooking is all about" - no it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the heart shape of the butter might be a warning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But butter is delicious, and from what I have seen in York hospital it is the sugary drinks, sweets and snacks that put weight on people.

      Delete
    2. Is butter worth dying for I ask myself? ;) maybe yes..

      Delete
  4. Yes she is way over the top,, Sue and Tasker, but then most of television seems to me be characters over playing themselves,they become almost 'spitting images' of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I am devoted to the perfect buttering of my toast and the equal perfection of jellying the opposite number, then putting the slices together and reveling in the fabulous taste of all the individual parts going by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes toast, and bread, are very underrated into what you can put between the two slices.

      Delete
  6. I usually skip breakfast and move straight to coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't skip meals unfortunately without feeling ill and weak, it can be quite a drag.

      Delete

Love having comments!