Thursday, June 24, 2021

24th June 2021

 Got my camera working this morning, and wandered down the roses.  Abundantly they flower must be the rain.  But I have not expended one iota of work on this bed, and it is perfectly happy. The other bed has buttercups extraordinaire but I have faith in the cranesbill that they will hold their own and as my friend says, it will soon not be your problem anymore.  Pollen count is high and I cannot stop sneezing.


In fact I should have lingered on the Ceanothus at the end, for one thing I have noticed this year is the lack of bumblebees.  On the above shrub you can see honeybees, and the white tailed bumblebee but that is the only type of bee I have seen in the garden.




6 comments:

  1. Like dinosaurs, I fear that one day the bumble bees will all be gone - along with the swallows, the swifts, the cuckoos and the dodos. Why could we not just stop and notice what we were doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many people out there fighting YP but because we want easy lives the use of pesticides and herbicides in this country by the farmers has aggravated the decline of bumblebees. Species slowly die out and the advent of human pollution is just destroying the natural world.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful roses - did you plant them all or just add to them?

    YP - here in Powys, plenty of Sand Martins, Swifts, House Martins but only a few Swallows (weather did for them on the way over I believe). We have a lot of bumblebees in our garden - I notice Tree Bumblebees a lot - but not so many honey bees at the moment. That may change when the Lavender is in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lavender is just coming into bloom, it has grown enormously over the last year. All that bed was planted by me, a couple of roses have given up the ghost. Also 'Jam and Jerusalem' it flowered its heart out for two years and is now probably dying of exhaustion ;)

      Delete
  3. I have not seen many honeybees but quite a lot of bumblebees ao it seems to depend on where one lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true Pat, if the bumblebees have died out you don't see them, Jennie lives out in the wilds and there are still strongholds of the various species. Hopefully you are having the rain that has been falling overnight.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!